• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What’s my sun conure doing

Rivka

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rivka
hey so I recently took my sun conure to the bet bcs she’s been sneezing a lot and they gave me medication to give her and said it’s prob a upper respitory infection. Anyways she’s already off her medication and is supposed to be healed by now. I’m worried bcs she’s still sneezing lots but she’s still acting active as before and eating and ya know, how normal birds act.
I don’t know what’s wrong with her and Idk if to be worrried or not. Another thing I saw her do was bob her head up and down as if she’s getting hand fed but while she did that she was making like a whisper noise or a heavy breathing noise.. I’m not sure if she was just trying to make the baby noises she used to make but was not able to so it came out sounding like a whisper or if she was breathing heavy. I’m very worried for her a lot bcs I love her to death♥

Rivka

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rivka
Hopefully I get a answer soon

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Hopefully I get a answer soon
I am not sure of the answer, however you may have to be patient. Morning is only just now beginning in North America where many members live.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Suggest you take your bird back to the vet, who is hopefully avian certified, for a swab of the crop to see if there is any yeast or other microbes there.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yes, back for a recheck and gram stains to be sure.

Rivka

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rivka
She got her nostrils flushed and the vet said she just had a little clear liquid which was fine