• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
This week a noticed a reddish brown mark appear on Luke’s beak. The mark isn’t flaky or anything and it looks like it’s flat and apart of the beak. You can see another section of his beak is trying to grow so I think he might have hurt himself but I’m not sure. He does come out of the cage and sometimes he will get scared and jump out of the cage and fly around nervously. I can’t recall if he hit something but I didn’t see it. Inside the cage he’s wild. He pulls and swings his mirror when he’s playing. He’s also super clumsy. It’s hard to tell if he hit it on something or not but I’m not too sure what it is:(

this is the best picture I could get, it was very difficult to take it lol

Attachments

Jalascreamo

Moving in
Sometimes when birds grow up their beak colors change, my cockatiel had a soft pinky beak at the age of 2 months and now at the 1 year mark he has a dark brown line running through it, if your bird is young and is growing up beaks may change color. Jalapeno recently flew into a fan (not a ceiling fan) and I noticed his cere was mildly discolored a darker brown, it's essentially a bruise, and i don't think Jalapeno has ever hurt his beak so i'm not sure about this.

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
I'm going to assume you mean the beak itself and not the cere. Yes, it is possible for the beak to be "bruised" and darken somewhat. It should return to normal in a few days. How old is he? You said he's clumsy? If so, has he seemed to hurt himself before?

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
I'm going to assume you mean the beak itself and not the cere. Yes, it is possible for the beak to be "bruised" and darken somewhat. It should return to normal in a few days. How old is he? You said he's clumsy? If so, has he seemed to hurt himself before?
Yes, not the cere but his lower beak. It has been there for a few days And he is 3 years old. He is clumsy and he trips from getting to excited sometimes when trying to run over to me but have never seen this before that I can recall

CGrillo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
Sometimes when birds grow up their beak colors change, my cockatiel had a soft pinky beak at the age of 2 months and now at the 1 year mark he has a dark brown line running through it, if your bird is young and is growing up beaks may change color. Jalapeno recently flew into a fan (not a ceiling fan) and I noticed his cere was mildly discolored a darker brown, it's essentially a bruise, and i don't think Jalapeno has ever hurt his beak so i'm not sure about this.
His lower beak is what is “bruised” not his cere sorry if that was confusing