• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Strange Lovebird Behavior

Csolis22

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Constanza
Hi everyone.

I hope someone can bring some light.
I take my bird to the vet literally every month at this rate for testing because I pick up on every little weird behavior.

and for the past few months (she’s a single female lovebird) she’s been exhibiting extreme mating behavior and regurgitation on all her toys.
And now she’s covered in pin feathers and sleeping in all morning fluffed up on her perch,
She’s still eating normal, her weight is normal and her poop is perfect. But I’m still paranoid.
And I know it can’t be healthy to run to the vet with every little thing, he tells me that all her tests always come back perfect and she couldn’t be healthier and that this all is just her personality.
Do any of you struggle with the constant worry and paranoia?
It’s awful. I’m so worried something will happen to my lovie, but I know I can’t keep running to the vet every month...

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It helps to think of what things are happening that might encourage certain behaviors. For example, if the house is cold, being puffed up and sleeping more are normal because they are trying to stay warm and conserve energy.

Mating behaviors and molting at the same time sounds exhausting. Even one at a time can deplete their energy, so having it in tandem can certainly have an effect.

At the same time, you know your bird best. If you truly think something is wrong and can't explain it away, then the only harm to taking her in frequently is to your bank account.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
sleeping in all morning fluffed up on her perch,
You know, lovebirds do fluff up a little when sleeping sometimes. They can also appear a little more plump, or rounded. I´m not sure if this is what you are refering to..
Screenshot_20201025_000556.jpg