• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Mercedesmo

Checking out the neighborhood
A few days ago I checked on my bird and noticed blood in its cage and found that most of its nail on 2 toes (same foot) are almost completely gone and I had quick stop for the bleeding but now I’m not quite sure what to do. Please give advice on what to do next (currently my bird is not bleeding and doesn’t seem to be in any pain)

Attachments

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I would just keep the area clean, and keep an eye on it. If it starts looking swollen or puffy, or the bird starts messing with it, I'd be making a call to the vet.

There's quite a bit of poop on the feet. Is your Conure just a goober, or is he/she getting in to it a lot? I'd be worried that trekking through poop would be asking for infection.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
You can create a false bottom in your bird's current cage so that they have less ability to hurt themselves. I've done it with Rupert's cage plenty.