• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beak issue

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
It looks pretty good to me, honestly. I hope this is the start of an upswing for you both. I think the fact that he's been living with this so long and still doing well as far as eating/weight/activity is a really good sign against it being something like cancer that would spread.

tka

Mayor of the Avenue
Poor little guy! He looks remarkably bright, all things considering.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor baby boy. He’s still as handsome as ever though!
How is he eating? Still good?
I love how well you care for him :heart:

taxidermynerd

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (pronouns they/them)
Poor baby boy. He’s still as handsome as ever though!
How is he eating? Still good?
I love how well you care for him :heart:
Still eating good, yes. Today I got him some more veggies to make chop: carrots, kale, swiss chard, dandelion greens, baby broccoli. Tomorrow I'll be making that.

taxidermynerd

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (pronouns they/them)
I find that Chirp seems to be eating more since his beak got worse. I can't really complain too much, lol. Right now he's pigging out, head in the food bowl. He's been doing so well, I'm really surprised. I'm so proud of him. He's such a strong little boy.

Here's Chirp's current mash recipe! Served daily with fresh water (2oz of water and 16 drops of milk thistle). He eats probably about 1/2 of it daily, give or take. He really likes it. When he finishes this batch of chop I'll start him on the next one, which had baby broccoli and dandelion grees, in addition to the chard, kale and carrots. I also made him some quinoa sprouts (I was surprised how quick they were, I only soaked them overnight and they already had little tails!), those are in the freezer with the chop.

Chirp's mash

1tbsp of Zupreem Natural Pellets
1 Senior Nutriberry, crumbled
1tsp of quinoa sprouts
1tbsp of chop (mixed veggies)
1/4tsp of ceylon cinnamon
3 drops of flax seed oil
A pinch of yunnan baiyao
4 drops of milk thistle
2tbsp of water

Add powders, liquids (including the water) and veggies/sprouts into bowl. Add the nutriberry. Mix well. Add pellets. Allow time to soak up water and serve!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Rain
I'm do glad Chirp is eating more!!! I think the medication for the pain must be helping greatly.