• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beak issue

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@Nikomania it is the same for me.

My old boy really pepped up on his last day with me and trotted and bounced about more happily than ever I was kinda shocked to see him move so well.... it was also the first time I didn’t have to physically force or carry him through the door of the clinic and the first time he didn’t vibrate with fear- he was so happy to be there which really surprised his vet! He knew and was enjoying his last moments to the extreme I honestly believe.

Big hugs to you Bee...... we will all be right along side you holding your hand in our hearts.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I think they often rally at the end -- but that's the point: to give them a good ending rather than one where they're suffering.
I've heard that from the nurses in the family, and I've personally seen it happen in animals as well.

For dogs especially, I see vets throwing them little parties where the dog can eat normally "forbidden" foods, like chocolate cake and other goodies. They drift off to sleep with the biggest smiles.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
:sadhug2::sadhug2:
A beautiful instrumental version of Amazing Grace just came on. I can’t help but think of the amazing grace you and have shown through all of this. Chirp as well, with that spirit of his.

We are all here for you and will be all the way!:heart:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Bee, he wants you to have good memories of him. I know that is the only I try to keep in my heart of Rocky (my picture up there) and of Sweet Pea
20180627_123750.jpg
The good memories.....

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
We know Bee. :sadhug2:
It really is the worst feeling and there is no real way to make it hurt less aside from the passing of time, though I do hope talking with your vet helps and you have some closure in knowing his pain is over.
I'm doubly sorry this is happening now. Of all the things to have to deal with on top of saying goodbye... I'm so sorry.
He's a champion, a little warrior, but fighting a battle that can't be won. But his suffering vs. his happiness is something only you and your vet can really judge.
3000 miles away through the internet I feel like its time based on what you are saying, but I'm not there and my window into Chirp's life is small.

It is not an easy decision even if you know its time in your heart.
When my rottie mix Pete had hideously painful bone cancer that had metastasized to his brain he never gave up. Everyone kept telling me he would let me know me when he was ready to go, but he was never ready. He was a warrior too, he would have kept fighting as long as he could breath. He walked into the vet himself, in agony and wobbly with an impaired brain, because he did not want to be carried. When Bear, Shadow, and Peanut were ready to go I could see it in their eyes - not Pete. I had to make that choice for him.
And I made him stay too long.
They only know that we are sad. They do not know they are never going to be better so the warriors will fight, they cannot know they are going to the vet one last time so they carry on the best they can. We know, and it's a cold knife to the heart.

I'm sorry, whatever happens don't be afraid to turn to your father and Roxie for support right now. We are here too, and understand.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
We're with you in spirit Bee.