• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What seed to get for budgies? (UK)

MajesticOcelol

Walking the driveway
I'm getting a budgie, but a lot sooner than I anticipated. I'm aware a lot of brands of mass produced budgie seed are bad for them, but I'm getting it in the next week and live in a remote area and don't have time to order a organic/healthy seed mix.
Does anyone live in the UK and know of a good seed for budgies I can get from a pet shop?

(Just an FYI) Please don't think I'm taking owning a bird lightly. I'm only disorganised as I was supposed to be getting a 8 week old chick in October once it had hatched from a breeder. But the hen knocked the eggs out the nesting box so that arrangement isn't happening, and instead he offered me a different chick which I'll be receiving very soon. :faint::dance5:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
May I suggest that you give a varied food containing veggies, sprouted seed, pellets and dry seed.
And why not order? It goes really fast. 1 or 2 days.
My favorite site: Parrot Supplies | Parrot Shop | Parrot Accessories – Northern Parrots
Pellets here: Harrison`s Adult Lifetime Super Fine 1lb - Organic Bird Food
Seed here: XtraVital Vitamin Enriched Budgie Food

Or seed here: Budgie Food: great selection at zooplus: beaphar XtraVital Budgerigar
Or this one that can be sprouted: Budgie Food: great selection at zooplus: Budgies Prestige
And to give once or twice a week: (everyday if they are molting) Orlux Fruity Patee Concentrated Feed | Free P&P £29+ at zooplus!

MajesticOcelol

Walking the driveway
Thank you very much! I'll look into it. :)
Unfortunately it'll never be 1-2 days for me. I live in a remote area and the post service isn't too great. We never get next day delivery.