• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Opinions on BirdTricks?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
@TinyDino the kidney issues are more likely to occur in parrotlets that are either visually or split a mutation. But yes, a pellet based diet for budgies can also lead to kidney issues.

@ringotiel if your birds are eating about 50% fresh, then yes, split the rest into seeds and pellets! Pellets can be viewed as kind of like a "vitamin supplement", so if they aren't getting the nutritional needs met through the fresh foods, the pellets help to round out the necessary nutrients. That said, both species still do well with seeds, in some form, as part of their diet!

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
@Monica okay, will do! I would give my tiel some special seed dinners or seed covered chop but i will definitely give my new tiel and budgies a more balanced diet. My budgies are so picky, so it should be a fun challenge to get them to eat some better food!

Farfah

Strolling the yard
@Monica okay, will do! I would give my tiel some special seed dinners or seed covered chop but i will definitely give my new tiel and budgies a more balanced diet. My budgies are so picky, so it should be a fun challenge to get them to eat some better food!
I follow the 50/25/25 rule too for my budgies. They aren't loving the pellets right now though so it's prob closer to 50/50 with some of the seed being sprouted. I've noticed a difference in energy pretty quickly. Good luck with your budgies and tiel!

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
I follow the 50/25/25 rule too for my budgies. They aren't loving the pellets right now though so it's prob closer to 50/50 with some of the seed being sprouted. I've noticed a difference in energy pretty quickly. Good luck with your budgies and tiel!
thank you! my tiel isn’t here yet so i’ll have to figure out the whole diet thing for him in about a month or so, i actually already am getting started on my budgies! i’ve placed a bowl of pellets in there just to get them familiar with it and hopefully they’ll be enticed to look or maybe even eat it!

Najma

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Naj
Wonderful thread and kinda angry at myself for wasting money from those two Marlene Mc'cohen & BT pellets. :grumpy: Expensive tsk tsk ...
Marlene pellet wasn't good just a few seeds and nuts all of my birds rejected this pellet wholeheartedly. Somehow my lovebirds were hooked on BT pellets and on the positive side I reduced their fruit portion.
I have to agree with another poster here saying about BT making you feel bad& guilty if you don't buy her products.