• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Opinions on BirdTricks?

Pepebirdie

Strolling the yard
Hey guys. Personally, I am a huge fan of BT. I have never bought any of their stuff, but I watch a ton of YouTube videos! I think there is some misunderstanding here. BT never withholds food from her birds. She makes a point of not taking away their food, but instead feeing them healthier (ex not making seeds a staple in their diet) so that the parrots will crave the treats and therefore increase the value of that treat (ex sunflower seed) so they are more motivated to train. Also, they have their parrots out all the time. They are in huge aviaries outside and in the garage. But they spend most of the time with them and flying outside (they are flight trained) and I think it’s great they get to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine. I have learned a lot of great training tips. As for the commercialized aspect of their business, I get it. It’s how they make a living. Of course they are going to advertise their products.

Pepebirdie

Strolling the yard
As for PW, I have not watched quite as many videos. I have not heard him talk about the food witholdimg so idk. But I have learned how to teach my sun conure some tricks so he has been helpful! I don’t understand why people have such an aversion to him.

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
@Pepebirdie did you actually read this link? It proves some of what you said is incorrect.
I repeat - they are charlatans and do not deserve respect from anyone. Chris has been flying birds for more than 27 years

"Here is what Chris Biro has to say about "Bird Tricks". Particularly about them staving their birds when flying them and some of the deceptive and dishonest practices they engage in.

The article is copyright protected so I cannot copy it here (as I would like to so all of the naive would see it). Here is the link to that article.
birdtricksters.com | Liberty Wings "

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Hey guys. Personally, I am a huge fan of BT. I have never bought any of their stuff, but I watch a ton of YouTube videos! I think there is some misunderstanding here. BT never withholds food from her birds. She makes a point of not taking away their food, but instead feeing them healthier (ex not making seeds a staple in their diet) so that the parrots will crave the treats and therefore increase the value of that treat (ex sunflower seed) so they are more motivated to train. Also, they have their parrots out all the time. They are in huge aviaries outside and in the garage. But they spend most of the time with them and flying outside (they are flight trained) and I think it’s great they get to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine. I have learned a lot of great training tips. As for the commercialized aspect of their business, I get it. It’s how they make a living. Of course they are going to advertise their products.

You must be new to BT.... people who have been around for years, keeping birds for years, and have seen BT through the years, can testify to their shenanigans.

I will say though that the content they are putting out now is better than it was say... 15+ years ago. Goodness... it's been almost 20 years!

Hankmacaw

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I will say though that the content they are putting out now is better than it was say... 15+ years ago. Goodness... it's been almost 20 years!
LOL - Monica, if they hadn't learned anything in 20 years, they were even more worthless than we thought.

Pepebirdie

Strolling the yard
You must be new to BT.... people who have been around for years, keeping birds for years, and have seen BT through the years, can testify to their shenanigans.

yes I am new to Bt. Maybe that's why.

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kenzie
I am sorry but I also feed healthy so that the junk food is high value, but my birds do not do baby bird behavior (head bobbing with very fluffed head feathers, wing twitching and EVEN the baby begging noise). That is just NOT normal for any bird that is getting fed appropriately. At no point should any bird be to the point of BABY BEGGING for food - it's desperate. And it's insanely too often I see their behavior in their videos. Once I decided to sit there and actually search for it, my god it was constant.

Sparkles99

Rollerblading along the road
That's terrible. I've only seen one of my budgies baby beg - the baby, Aurelius, & Winston did oblige (such a good budgie!). Though I'm sure Aurelius could've just gone to the dish & helped himself.

Maybe their constant food insecurity has made them generally insecure, not just hungry. :(