• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aubszoo

Moving in
Real Name
Auburnie
Hello! I'm relatively new to the site so I thought I would introduce us!

We have in our home:
2 red factor sun conures
Sunny (my son's)
Jasper
2 turquoise green cheeks
Jade (my foster daughter's)
Kalissa
1 parrolett
Princess pea (my other daughter's)
1 Quaker
Harper
1 indian ringneck
Blue (my son's)
1 cockatiel
Peaches (my foster daughter's)
We are waiting for our bare eyed cockatoo to be ready to come home. Should be ready in a few weeks!
Cormic

1 fur baby, mini Schnauzer mix
Bella

Our babies for the most part get along great! I am interested to see how the dynamic changes once cormix come home! If anyone has a tip or two let me know! Our babies do have wings clipped which is why I have a few outside pictures I make sure I only take one out per human outside.

Attachments

Aubszoo

Moving in
Real Name
Auburnie
I forgot to add that 6 months ago we only had the tiel...

Luckily our youngest is 15 so everyone is able to take care of thier own babies. I also am able to be home the majority of the day. So everyone gets the attention and love they deserve! I love our aviary!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! C'mon in and browse the different "roads." Enjoy the site!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Welcome! Gorgeous flock! I have a quaker also, Jingo.

(and cats and rats and a gecko and a kid :lol:)

Not to be the buzzkill, but my mother in law sadly lost a bird with clipped wings several years ago and never got him back :( Just would hate for you to go through that heartache :hug8:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. You have a beautiful flock. Why a Bare-eyed? I have a 26 year old BE 'too. She's a weird-o. :D

BirdManDan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dan
Auburnie, Sunny, Jasper, Jade, Kalissa, Princess pea, Harper, Blue, Peaches, Cormic & Bella
THE I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE AVENUE!! WE'RE A BUNCH OF ANIMAL LOVERS HERE!! HOPE YOU FIT RIGHT IN!!

Aubszoo

Moving in
Real Name
Auburnie
Welcome! Gorgeous flock! I have a quaker also, Jingo.

(and cats and rats and a gecko and a kid :lol:)

Not to be the buzzkill, but my mother in law sadly lost a bird with clipped wings several years ago and never got him back :( Just would hate for you to go through that heartache :hug8:
Thank you for the warning. I appreciate it. I do know it is a risk, but I feel confident in the ones I do bring out that they don't happen to have that one wing that grew back just enough that will give them flight. I am planning on getting an outdoor aviary soon so they can soak in the vitamin d with no risk!

I am so in love with the quaker breed! To think I almost didn't get one because of the possible cage agression! I would of missed out that's for sure!

Last edited:

Aubszoo

Moving in
Real Name
Auburnie
Welcome to AA. You have a beautiful flock. Why a Bare-eyed? I have a 26 year old BE 'too. She's a weird-o. :D
Thank you! I love the personality and that they are sometimes under appreciated! Weirdo fits lol

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Welcome to the avenue!

Well one of my lovebirds was clipped by the previous caretaker and he flew with that bad clip. A gust of wind and a bird that got scared can mean they are off.. harnasses, an aviary or travel cage are the only wat to safely take them outside in my opinion:)

veronica2000

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Veronica Welke-Olmos
Yes, even fully clipped birds have the capability of flight. And they also don’t have enough skill and stamina to “survive” as well as a fully flighted bird (although they probably won’t survive either). At least a fully flighted bird can fly away from a cat or other predator, and is less likely to get in a flight accident such as flying into a wall. I really enjoy this link: Should you clip your parrot which I found in The Airport on this forum. Both of my birds were clipped when I got them, one with a much less aggressive clip. She can fly quite well and just has so much more confidence than my other bird (I feel so bad for him that he can’t fly). Although it’s a personal decision, birds are made to fly and are much happier and healthier flighted. Anyways, I mean no disrespect towards you, welcome to the Avenue! You’ll learn lots on here and meet great people/birds!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to you and your flock, both feathered and furred...and congrats on the upcoming addition! :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator