• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird growing distant

Clairdelun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nuhathyy
Ive had my tiel since she was 2 weeks old .Now she is 1 year and 5 months old.She used to be very much tamed and liked to hang out with me all day long. Since back then she is the only bird I owned I could pay it a lot of attention. She follows most of my commands and didn't bite. Just one serious issue which is flying to the fan when mad.
I recently started a job and have much less time to spend at home so obviously cant give the same amount of attention .After this I started to feel it grow more distant. Then I was gifted a Ring neck and a budgie recently. So I divide my attention to three of them when I'm home and take turns while taking each one outside. Update of now is that my tiel doesn't even step up on my hand anymore.it flies as soon as I take it out of the cage. Addition to that seems like it only listens to my mom who stays at home all day long. I cant seem to tame either of the three because of this issue .I read that parrots get attached mostly to one person and seems like that's my mom only for my birds.
so anyone has any suggestions for me ?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump

Branch

Meeting neighbors
Your Cockatiel could be jealous that you're not spending as much time with her. I would say spend more time with her and take her to visit the other two birds so you can be in the same room as all three.