• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aphids/bugs in vegetables??? Safe to feed?

Baileybea

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bailey
Hello! I have a question about store bought veggies…the past couple days when I bought new spinach/broccoli, I noticed what appears to be a few little aphid bugs!

I bought more tonight because I was worried about feeding them to Momo, and I found them again. I just wanted to know, as long as she doesn’t eat the actual aphid, are the veggies still safe to feed her after washing/rinsing well? I don’t wanna keep wasting food, but I definitely don’t wanna feed her anything that could have something dangerous on it.

Not sure if this is normal and I just never noticed them before since there’s only a couple, or if the store we got them from is just having a weird aphid problem right now…does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
The food will be fine. I think you will find there are more bugs in and on many foods than most people realise, wash all produce before feeding regardless of bug activity as it helps to remove any chemical residue etc.

Baileybea

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bailey
The food will be fine. I think you will find there are more bugs in and on many foods than most people realise, wash all produce before feeding regardless of bug activity as it helps to remove any chemical residue etc.
Okay thanks so much! I had a feeling it would be fine, but just wanted to be 100% sure!