• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Young Caique Obsessed With Nose

Turkey2017

Moving in
Real Name
Sara
I recently acquired a six month old white bellied caique and she is an absolute dream. However, she is obsessed with my nose. Like to the point of spending all of our one-on-one time trying to grab it. She’s not being aggressive. She straight up is just trying to lick inside my nostrils. Of course I don’t let her because that’s gross and unhealthy.
The approach so far has been to remove her from the vicinity of my face and tell “no boogies”. This is ineffective thus far. As is trying to distract her with toys. I try to keep her away from my face but she is relentless. If I’m holding her at all, she is climbing to my face. I’ve never met such a determined animal before.
Ive had her for three weeks and we’ve had zero progress on this issue. I plan on building her her own large play stand and have ordered some new foot toys in the hopes that they will be more captivating for her, but other than this I’m kind of stumped. Any ideas?

Parutti

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hopefully continuing to redirect her will catch on.

My Quaker was obsessed with ears - sticking his beak in or biting them - when he was little, and he eventually stopped.