• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What lovebird mutation ???

Dantep

Moving in
Real Name
Dante Pezzin
Hi everyone, recently bought a blue lovebird and was told it was a Fischer. I’m not 100% sure if it is. Can you pls tell me what breed it is and if it is fertile?
I attached some pictures of it. Also I have 3 lovebirds which all seem to be paired to each other, is this possible or are they just friendly. Thx everyone

Attachments

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

Dantep

Moving in
Real Name
Dante Pezzin
Also will it produce fertile offspring? Thx

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Dante :)

a blue lovebird and was told it was a Fischer. I’m not 100% sure if it is.
I agree. I do not see a ring, so I would say it is a Roseicollis.

Can you pls tell me what breed it is and if it is fertile?
Impossible to know, but any birds bred from these two will be infertile. It is best not to breed them, not only for ethical reasons but also, they are not worth the same money as pure birds.

Also I have 3 lovebirds which all seem to be paired to each
What is the other lovebird? Remove the different species from the trio and leave a pair of same species birds together.

Dantep

Moving in
Real Name
Dante Pezzin
Ok thankyou, I’ll remove the third bird. Will the blue one produce fertile offspring with another peachface? Also thanks for ur help, I’m new to breeding.

SkyLark

Jogging around the block
Do you know how to breed is the big question. How long have you been studying breeding? Can you tell when the female is egg-bound, when the parents ditch the egg, and/or when you have to pull the chicks? Do you have an avian vet on speedial? Brooders, formula, knowledge on syringe feeding? Is this your first clutch? Mentor? Just a few questions from the very long list of breeding questions... I apologize if you already know all this, many members come on here, breeding because it's "fun" and "a nice hobby" and had their whole clutch die. Just trying to warn you....
@Mockinbirdiva
@Monica

Dantep

Moving in
Real Name
Dante Pezzin
Do you know how to breed is the big question. How long have you been studying breeding? Can you tell when the female is egg-bound, when the parents ditch the egg, and/or when you have to pull the chicks? Do you have an avian vet on speedial? Brooders, formula, knowledge on syringe feeding? Is this your first clutch? Mentor? Just a few questions from the very long list of breeding questions... I apologize if you already know all this, many members come on here, breeding because it's "fun" and "a nice hobby" and had their whole clutch die. Just trying to warn you....
@Mockinbirdiva
@Monica
Yes, I have successfully hand reared lovebirds before and all became very healthy and went off to good homes. Currently, I have two peach face pairs who have both bred healthy chicks, I will not be hand rearing them though. I am new to this but I have studied lovebird breeding for months before the first clutch so I am very prepared. If you have any tips you can share, that would be great.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Species, not breed. Besides the missing eye-ring, the beak color appears just slightly off.

As long as the peachface is healthy, should be able to produce healthy offspring with another peachface.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge