• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Palace Has Arrived!

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Hi! I just joined... but just ordered a large cage kinda like the palace from Amazon... it's still in the box cause I am afraid I can't assemble it.. lol... mine cost $120.. and it's huge! I have one other big flight cage and a smaller cage that I also just got...
Good luck! Adorable birds btw

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
That's a good lookin' cage! Well done!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
@Lillybust that cage is a similar design to my double flight cage. Very good cages but they can be difficult to reach inside to clean. Once a month I remove the front (in your case 10 screws) for deep cleaning. Common sense dictates that food and water go at the front (preferably on the door if you can so you don't have to reach in) so build up the inside of the cage around that.
Milo and Zuni seem to like it too.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
The girls’ flight cage arrived today!!
Took me about two hours to assemble because I’m an idiot and put several different things on backwards.
Pictures!
This IS a palace! I can see how you named it aptly!
Oh yes, been there, done that with putting things on backward.
I actually watched a youtube vid one time where the guy sold the cages, and in the tutorial vid, he had one part on backward, but he left the video up, because I'm sure people learned by that mistake too.

Thank you! Did it!!! Omg! Can’t believe I did this all by myself! Peachfaced really encouraged me.. I am sooo thankful and Milo is so much happier!!! ❤
You go Pamela! @Lillybust - Beautiful cage, and yes, I understand the satisfaction when we get one like this put together by ourselves! I have a wonderful niece that usually helps me with them, and I swear she might disown me if I ask her to help me assemble another cage LOL!

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
My budgies love lots of swings! Other favourites are boings, and hanging balls.

I have a box of different types of budgie toys and perches, and each week I rearrange everything. I get a lot of flack for how spoilt they are but they love it!

Lillybust

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pamela
This IS a palace! I can see how you named it aptly!
Oh yes, been there, done that with putting things on backward.
I actually watched a youtube vid one time where the guy sold the cages, and in the tutorial vid, he had one part on backward, but he left the video up, because I'm sure people learned by that mistake too.

You go Pamela! @Lillybust - Beautiful cage, and yes, I understand the satisfaction when we get one like this put together by ourselves! I have a wonderful niece that usually helps me with them, and I swear she might disown me if I ask her to help me assemble another cage LOL!
Lol! I asked people for help, but they didn’t show... I still can’t believe I got this together.. lol.. I did have one similar to it already together, so I kinda had a model to follow which really helped!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue

Guava123

Walking the driveway
Where'd you get it from? Also Planet Pleasures, Mosser Studio, and Parrot Joy are some great brands for toys and perches. You should get a ton of perches-natural, pumice maybe, safe rope, flat or platform perches, etc.

BirdWorld

Wow the new cage looks amazing! :)
Especially next to the old one. Ngl that little one looks pretty miserable.