• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Palace Has Arrived!

Nimbus

Meeting neighbors
The girls’ flight cage arrived today!!
Took me about two hours to assemble because I’m an idiot and put several different things on backwards.
Pictures!
3D9F21A7-F8B7-499B-AB1C-6994290D019C.jpeg 33132882-82F9-4DE9-AB17-CDDF5EE52E55.jpeg
And the new cage beside the one they were previously kept in:
image.jpg
Still adding toys and perches, any recommendations for cage accessories?

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Awesome I bet they are going to be delighted to have room to fly around!

For suggestions things like boings, natural branches (with twigs to chew on them), platform perches, shreddable toys, foraging toys etc. :)

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Are they going to be happy nice cage. I can here them now, chatter, chatter, chatter

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Wow, what an upgrade. Try and keep everything to the sides so the centre stays clear for them to fly in there. Boings, platforms (great for feeding), and rope perches. Brightly coloured wood they can chew on. Use hanging toys to make a corner at the top where they can hide if they want - even budgies want a little privacy now and then.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Great size cage :loveit:
I like to leave the bottom third of the cage empty so that the little ones can fly around and really spread those wings without smacking into perches and toys :)

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann

Lillybust

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pamela
The vendors here sell quality products. I know @calibird sells seagrass mats :)
Hi! I just joined... but just ordered a large cage kinda like the palace from Amazon... it's still in the box cause I am afraid I can't assemble it.. lol... mine cost $120.. and it's huge! I have one other big flight cage and a smaller cage that I also just got...

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Hi! I just joined... but just ordered a large cage kinda like the palace from Amazon... it's still in the box cause I am afraid I can't assemble it.. lol... mine cost $120.. and it's huge! I have one other big flight cage and a smaller cage that I also just got...
Don't be afraid! Even if you don't get it quite right, usually they only fit properly one way, so you'll figure it out very quickly. :) If you've got a family member that lives with you, ask them for a hand.

Lillybust

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pamela
Here are pics of my cages and Milos flight cage still in the box! Lol.. so happy to hear that you assembled your palace by yourself.. maybe I will have the courage to try.. lol..

Attachments

Lillybust

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pamela
Don't be afraid! Even if you don't get it quite right, usually they only fit properly one way, so you'll figure it out very quickly. :) If you've got a family member that lives with you, ask them for a hand.
That’s the problem.. I don’t have anyone..and live alone with my lovebirds and dogs.. but you are giving me confidence! Thank you!!!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I've done several without help. If you can, stand up the tallest pieces against other furniture. You got this!

I just got my peach face , Peachfaced.... he is an awesome bird! Love him so much.. and have 2 Fischer’s...
They're little stinkers, but they're fun, aren't they?

Lillybust

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pamela
Okay! I will stand up against my furniture.. that’s a great idea.. my oldest Fischer’s is 10 years young... my Zuni is about 5yo and the peach face Milo... I just got as a rescue and he’s just two.. and very much a stinker! I am gonna put thus cage together! Thank you so much Peachfaced! I will feel so empowered when I can... here goes....

Lillybust

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pamela
I can use some Seagrams Matt’s too calibird...