• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun vs jenday conure

Dachshund King

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
I have a Jenday conure called Amber and a crimson bellied conure called poppy and I'm looking into getting a sun conure. Is there any big difference between a sun and a jenday despite colour? Is a sun conure any louder? Any advice or experience with Sun conures and Jendays will be very helpful. Thanks . IMG_20171210_120242_324.jpg

MeganC

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I have both and honestly they are very similar. My Jenday has a very slightly lower pitch then my Sun. Really the main personality differences are individual quirks. They both have typical conure personalities though.

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a pair of suns and they are the loudest of all my birds. Sometimes I feel like my ears are going to bleed.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I have no practical experience with any of the species, although I do know someone who has two Suns... their vocalizations are MOST impressive!

Smbrds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Shawn
I always thought they looked alike. No doubt share similarities. Brightly beautiful. I do know when I'm out-and-about around town and when I lived in an apartment, I always could tell if it's a sun conure.