• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun conure in cage

Jetdrip459

Moving in
hello I have a 6 month old sun conure and have had him since he was three months from a bird shop me and him have been very close and doing dog he has never bit me and he's very nice. The past few days he won't leave his cage he won't step up yesterday he stepped up and stayed with me for a little bit. He still follows me around the room. If I'm on the left side of the room he is on the left side of his cage if I'm on the right he's on the right side of his cage and he still dose his useal calling for me when I go in the bathroom or leave the room the only thing that has changed is he won't step up in his cage as soon as I open the door he ether plays with my hand or runs away but he's still nice so I don't know what's going on I'd really like the help thank you.

Attachments

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
My sun does the same thing. I think it's funny. He tries to get as close to me as possible. When I'm on the left of his cage he clings to the bars on the left and when I move to the right so does he. Farlie's cage faces my PC so when I'm sitting there he is clinging to the front of his cage.
Right now my baby is being a turd. I think he is molting some. I've found some really little fluffy feathers all over the place. I understand molting brings out the worst in a bird. Around 6 months is when molting starts so it could be that reason. Farlie won't step up either. He's being a real turd lately.
I love your baby.

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
Suns that age very often go through the sort of regression you describe. My Sunday was over a year and did the same when moved into a new home. It can sometimes feel like you're starting over. In many ways, he is testing HIS abilities and trying out HIS own independence. He still needs you but is growing up. Consider this a test of YOUR patience almost like proof of worthiness of being trusted. Good luck and Merry Christmas!