• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sudden behaviour change?

Bumbleebee

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Pebble
My cockatiel,bee, is 15 months old.shes usually very cheeky and mean but the last few days she's been extra cuddly , and has even hidden in a blankie even tho she doesn't like being covered. She plays and forages like normal and droppings look normal I'm worried but I also think she might just be missing me as today and yesterday have been busy. Back to my normal routine now though

Attachments

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
:welcometrain: Bee is cute!!! :xflove::xflove::xflove::xflove::xflove::xflove::xflove::awww:
Yes, hiding under blankets means searching for good nesting sites (blankets, it seems offer silence and protection :lol: )
So, I think you should reduce her day time (cover her earlier), offer less fresh foods (still give them, but less, as fresh foods are available mostly in breeding season), give her no dark spaces to hide in, no cuddles (specially in place other than the head) and other anti-breeding behaviors. :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome ! Yes, sounds like hormones

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
My cockatiel,bee, is 15 months old.shes usually very cheeky and mean but the last few days she's been extra cuddly , and has even hidden in a blankie even tho she doesn't like being covered. She plays and forages like normal and droppings look normal I'm worried but I also think she might just be missing me as today and yesterday have been busy. Back to my normal routine now though
Hi, please do not let her under your covers. That will stimulate her nesting. Limit touching her only on her head. Don't stroke her back If her back is stiff and she starts making chirping sounds, put her in an uncomfortable place or with an uncomfortable toy. Bella, my previous tiel hated this turkey plush toy and when she got hormonal, I put Tom next to her and that dampened her mood.