• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Regurgitating Quaker?

LydiaB

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lydia
Earlier today, when my quaker Eddie and I were taking a car ride as we usually do when I get home, he began to bob his head up and down with his mouth open. It looked to me like he was trying to regurgitate something. I did some research and I decided that was it, since he quit doing it after a while. I'm just not sure WHY he did it. I've had him for about 2 weeks now and he hasn't done it before. Was he showing affection or was it something else? Sorry if this is a dumb question or something, I'm a new bird mom and I worry about every little thing he does! (I'm sure most of you have been there before)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is usually done as a sign of affection.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have a quaker who gets car sick and appears to regurgitate.

LydiaB

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lydia
I have a quaker who gets car sick and appears to regurgitate.
That's what I was thinking. I've only had him for about 2 weeks so I didn't think he'd be THAT affectionate just yet lol.

hellen

Strolling the yard
Real Name
hellen
strangely enough my kak tried to feed me the other day with her regurgitated horribleness! and she was so persistant. previously she was doing the same thing to my tiel, but him being the paranoid creature he is, thought she was trying to bite him!