• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poor Posture in Budgie?

birbmotha

Checking out the neighborhood
My budgie tends to lean forward when perching, which I assume isn't normal because my other budgie sits up straight. He also been sneezing often these past months, and has some extra weight behind his legs.

Any ideas on what it could be about? Money's too tight to see a vet atm so help would be appreciated x ‍♀

Attachments

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How old are they, approximately? Have they always been caged together? What size is the cage? Is this perching style new or not?

The wing that's visible looks like it might be a bit cut. Is that possible? I'm certainly no expert on plumage!

I see they're both boys. All of mine are too, but that doesn't mean it's always easy for them to make new friends. Have you had them awhile?

Welcome & sorry for the barrage of questions!

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Have you looked at the booty? See if it's any buldge with cloaca..
How are poops.

Jxdeeyy

Strolling the yard
My budgie tends to lean forward when perching, which I assume isn't normal because my other budgie sits up straight. He also been sneezing often these past months, and has some extra weight behind his legs.

Any ideas on what it could be about? Money's too tight to see a vet atm so help would be appreciated x ‍♀
That kind of stance can indicate discomfort/pain. Is this a new behaviour?