• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

enms

Moving in
Real Name
En
Hello everyone! my baby Blu is around 4 months old and when he got in his cage he was trying out some acrobatics. He hurt his beak a few weeks ago climbing on the cage but I cured it with Neosporin. Now it looks a bit different any suggestions?( note he only goes in the cage to sleep and when I go out for errands he usually stays playing in the activity center )

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-04 at 7.12.26 PM.jpeg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I can't really tell from the picture. Was it his actual beak or his nares?

enms

Moving in
Real Name
En
I can't really tell from the picture. Was it his actual beak or his nares?
The part between his little nose holes, it's dark. He hit his beak on the cage and it bled for only one day now its turning dark

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Since its living tissue, it looks to me like he may have bruised it and you are seeing that coming to the surface. That's just a guess. The neosporin may have helped the surface wound but would have likely not helped anything deeper down.

enms

Moving in
Real Name
En
Since its living tissue, it looks to me like he may have bruised it and you are seeing that coming to the surface. That's just a guess. The neosporin may have helped the surface wound but would have likely not helped anything deeper down.
Any experience with treating the tissue?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Any experience with treating the tissue?
Time? I'm not sure there is anything you can do at this point besides perhaps pain meds if it seems sore. At the time a vet may have given an anti-inflammatory? Not sure.

sootling

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
If it gets more black/ looks infected take him to the vet, but for now only time will tell.