• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help finding a GCC & Budgie sized perch stand

Brenda_H

Meeting neighbors
I read on here often, but finally broke down and decided to post my question. Has anyone had luck finding a rolling perch that is suitable for a green cheek and budgie? Our little table top perch is tired and we really want them off the table and onto something more portable so I can wheel them into my office if needed. They prefer to perch on the same stand as they have for some time. They are supervised because GC tends to annoy the budgie by begging for scritches. I would like them to ideally have access to food and water dishes. I often feed them they're fresh food when they're out. I have seen lots of plans for building one, but we bought a house this year and my husband understandably isn't keen on more projects right now. Has anyone seen these sold that will fit my small birds with metal tray and wheels? Most the ones I have looked at seem to be more appropriate for bigger birds.

Attachments

Last edited:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Hi and welcome to AA. The photos of your gcc and budgie are adorable - I think your gcc thinks he's a budgie. Could you please tell us their names?

Most of my bird are smaller, the largest being my sun Tikki. I think Prevue probably has a couple of pretty good options for you depending on what you want to spend.

Small Parrot Playstand 3181 Prevue Pet Products

If you scroll to the bottom of the page it looks like there are two other playstands as well as several cage or table top playstands. If you type in playstands for birds you'll get a slew of different playstands, some on wheels and others that hang from the ceiling. playstandsfor birds - Google Search

I got a hanging one recently which I haven't hung up yet but which has a tray at the very bottom to catch food & poop. Polly's Pet Products

This is one of 2 rolling playstands that I have - Bird Play Gyms and Playstands: Super Pet EZ Care Activity Center for Small Birds - and all my birds like it (tiels, gccs and Sun). The ones who aren't very interested in it are my Quakers. I have a
Caitec stand like this one which the tiels & gccs like but they only use the top perch and it is very wobbly - Bird play gyms, playstands, playpens: Acrobird Play Tower by Caitec at Drs. Foster and Smith If you read the reviews they confirm that it is wobbly. You'd probably have to wrap vet wrap around the perches so that they wouldn't be as slippery (which is something I've done). Nice stand to catch stuff but as another review mentioned, the bowls are wobbly and have to be attached when empty, otherwise the food/water will spill out as you screw the bowls onto the top perch. Bird play gyms, playstands, playpens: Acrobird Play Tower by Caitec at Drs. Foster and Smith

This site might help you too - Perch Factory | Hanging Parrot Play Gyms - Bird Play Stands

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have the first one by Prevue and like it

20180901_124612.jpg

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
That's the one I have and my fids like it. The only hitch I've had, which is my fault, is that when I loosened/dissasembled the seed catcher for cleaning I lost one of the nuts that holds the corners together. The good news is that the small size zipties work really well.

And @Mizzely you've given me some ideas to use on my playstand. Thank you!

Brenda_H

Meeting neighbors
@SandraK The GCC is named Charming and the Budgie is Kiwi. I think the GCC thinks she's a person with a live-in hairdresser. I actually really love those window perches on the Perchfactory page!:wideyed: Thanks for all the suggestions :)

@Mizzely I also saw the prevue play tower, but why would they design the food cups at the bottom? Has that been an issue for you?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
@SandraK The GCC is named Charming and the Budgie is Kiwi. I think the GCC thinks she's a person with a live-in hairdresser. I actually really love those window perches on the Perchfactory page!:wideyed: Thanks for all the suggestions :)

@Mizzely I also saw the prevue play tower, but why would they design the food cups at the bottom? Has that been an issue for you?

Nope, I've never had them poop in them, etc. If you watch it on Amazon, it dips down to $50 or less sometimes. I find it worth that price, but $100 I think is over priced.
@Matto A Parrot Should Play - Home also has playstands and can customize them

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, look at Matto's play gyms. My Linnie loves hers.

Brenda_H

Meeting neighbors

Nope, I've never had them poop in them, etc. If you watch it on Amazon, it dips down to $50 or less sometimes. I find it worth that price, but $100 I think is over priced.
@Matto A Parrot Should Play - Home also has playstands and can customize them
Thanks, I'm glad to hear it! I was really put off by the bowls when I saw this so it's nice to hear from someone who is using it successfully. :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I also forgot to mention a Wingdow if you wanted a perch you could put in the window for your fids to watch the world go by ...WINGDOW®, Elegant avian furniture

And I believe @Wingdow, the owner is still a member here. I have one in my bay window and the birds love it - it gives them a chance to fly from their cages at one end of the room to the bay window at the other end (approximately 33 ft).

You do have to watch out though because I've noticed that Caitec has a very similar product which I took to be a knock-off.