• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Green cheek conure not eating and also lit bit airy in crop but he seems very hungry but not interested to eat

Hossainsab

Moving in
Real Name
Hasan
Hi I need help since baby conure is 30-35 days old and I’m concern about his health that yesterday he ate full and see at night his crop with air and he does not wanna eat anything. But crop also empty

what should I do now
Even I try to take to vet and others and it’s so expensive in walk in. Please help me out what to do

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Is the crop empty, with only air inside? If so, you can gently massage the air up and out, but normally air in the crop due to aerophagia would go on it's own. Air that doesn't go could be a sign of food fermenting in the crop.

It is important that:
you are sterilising everything beetween feeds.
you are feeding the food at 105F
you are keeping the bird in a brooder where the temperature and humidity does not fluctuate
wou are practising good hygiene, washing hards before prepping food and interacting with the chick

It is also a very good idea to keep a chart with his daily weight on an empty crop, and also when he has been fed, and how much he ate.

If you are unable to get a handle on the situation and you bird does not eat, take him to the vet as soon as you can. He would then likely need to be gavage fed and the vet can teach you the technique to continue feeds after at home.

Hossainsab

Moving in
Real Name
Hasan
Thank you so much, yes his crop empty and he’s hungry enough but when u try to feed him he does not interest to eat. His crop little bit less now and I feed him with spoon lit bit. But he’s feeling more sleepy and yes I do warm temp and keep the formula 105f but I don’t know why this crop have air. I think for that he don’t wanna eat

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Make sure the food is the same food he has always eaten.

A sick bird will not want to eat, so if everything is the same but you feel he is not his usual self, it is worth going to the vet.

While the crop is empty, gently massage the air up and out before feeding him. And then feed him afterwards.

Hossainsab

Moving in
Real Name
Hasan
Okay thank you. Well I wanted to take him to vet but they asking so much money that not possible for me they ask more than $300

so I’m trying to get suggestion what to do and he kinda active enough but only concern his eat and air crop

appreciate your reply thank you

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
he kinda active enough
The activity level of a chick can tell us a lot. If they have been with you this whole time, but are now more sleepy than usual or less active, it can be a sign of illness.

It is tough when the vet visit is so expensive, but ultimately it is the birds life at risk.
Maybe some family could help you with the vet costs, or ask the vet if you can set up a payment plan.

In the meantime, remove the air and try feeding. But the sooner you get to the vet, the better.

Hossainsab

Moving in
Real Name
Hasan
Sometimes when I do soft massage in crop air go away but it come back after few mins

Alright

Hossainsab

Moving in
Real Name
Hasan
The activity level of a chick can tell us a lot. If they have been with you this whole time, but are now more sleepy than usual or less active, it can be a sign of illness.

It is tough when the vet visit is so expensive, but ultimately it is the birds life at risk.
Maybe some family could help you with the vet costs, or ask the vet if you can set up a payment plan.

In the meantime, remove the air and try feeding. But the sooner you get to the vet, the better.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Sometimes when I do soft massage in crop air go away but it come back after few mins
Then I would get to the vet as soon as you possibly can. It's likely your bird may need medication.

Hossainsab

Moving in
Real Name
Hasan
First of all whoever comment about return your baby to breaded Bcs u don’t have experience and all shizz stfu: I know how to handle bird and my baby cheek now fully recovered but some of the comment all about vet and get back to breaded instead of helping out what should I do even some breaded from far

if anyone need help how to make own bird medicine with neural items lemme know it will help the baby to recovery quick

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
First of all whoever comment about return your baby to breaded Bcs u don’t have experience and all shizz stfu: I know how to handle bird and my baby cheek now fully recovered but some of the comment all about vet and get back to breaded instead of helping out what should I do even some breaded from far

if anyone need help how to make own bird medicine with neural items lemme know it will help the baby to recovery quick
The only person here who commented was Zara. Please remember to use your manners here, there is no need to be rude and nasty.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
all about vet and get back to breaded instead of helping out what should I do
I gave you advice on what to try, however you said that when you remove the air, it comes back after a few minutes. That is a very clear sign that something is wrong. The last thing I want is for you to lose your bird.
I never said to take the bird back to the breeder.
And I checked your posts, the only people who replied were myself and @Macawnutz , and she also never said that. We both have advised that the best thing to do would be to seek veterinary assistance as soon as you possibly can.
Over the internet, I believe this is the best advice you will receive.