• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Deisyg21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Deisy
Hello, my pets decided to have babies. I am very curious about their color mutation. Parents are what I think a yellowsided dilute and a pineapple (I will attach pic). Three of the babies I think they are like dad (yellosided dilutes) and one looks like a normal green cheek. Is this possible? No pineapples. I dont know anything about mom and dad, if they are split or not. Also, could their color determine their sex?

Thank you! 362CB0EA-B0E2-43CA-AE4E-945C2A3A2AAA.jpeg

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
my pets decided to have babies
Pets do not ¨decide¨. You allowed them to do it.
Breeding can be easily avoided by dealing with eggs if any are laid either by switching with dummy eggs or boiling, allowing to cool and putting back.

As for your mutation question, I will tag some members who may be able to help so that they see this the next time they log in, @Monica @webchirp

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Are the attached pictures of the parents or the babies? How old are the babies right now? Any pictures of them?

Deisyg21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Deisy
Are the attached pictures of the parents or the babies? How old are the babies right now? Any pictures of them?
They are the parents. Let me attach photos of babies. Oldest one is 4 weeks 1 day. And youngest one is 3 weeks 2 days. One of them has a little black on the nails. He also looks like the green of a normal green cheek. I might be wrong :)

Attachments

Deisyg21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Deisy
Pets do not ¨decide¨. You allowed them to do it.
Breeding can be easily avoided by dealing with eggs if any are laid either by switching with dummy eggs or boiling, allowing to cool and putting back.

As for your mutation question, I will tag some members who may be able to help so that they see this the next time they log in, @Monica @webchirp
Thank you!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Two possibilities I can think of.....

Dad is a dilute split yellowsided - very light in color (and mom could be split dilute as well) - this would account for all colors you've gotten

Or....

Dad is a dilute yellowsided, and a crossover occurred, resulting in a normal colored chick.