• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Considering a Quaker but...

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
A few months ago I got a 4 month year old female lovebird (the love of my life), and I've been heavily considering getting a Quaker. Of course they would not house together, but out of the cage, would they get along? I've been researching them big time but any tips and information you could give me on them would be wonderful and any differences between colours besides just the actual colour? As my lovebird was my first bird, am I not prepared for a Quaker? Should I get a Cockatiel instead?

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Color = color. That's it. Sometimes the mutations are a little smaller, particularly the blues, but, otherwise they are the same.

Out of the cage is always a crap shoot. Both lovies and quakers can be stubborn and head strong which isn't always a good mix ;)

JenBirds

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer
I've had both types and Quakers are cage aggressive. Mine was wild when I got him, but over time I tamed him
I never had to chase him around the cage to get him out but would use a glove to get him out. In case he pecked me. But once out of the cage he was fine