• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

considering a GCC

keenpeach

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi all! I currently have a wonderful Rosy Bourke, and I've been thinking about getting another bird, but I have some questions. I absolutely would NOT house them together, but would they be ok coexisting with supervised time in my room? I'm a college student, living at home, and I have the time to devote to my birds, but is it possible to have them out in my room together at the same time? If a GCC is too aggressive would you recommend a different species? I've considered cockatiels and budgies, but I'm concerned about the health effects of so much 'tiel dust in my room, and I'm not a huge budgie fan. Thanks a lot!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I don't have conure experience. I'm sure others will answer as to that. But I have always read that tiels and bourkes do well together. Very similar laid back temperament. As for the dust, I really don't find tiel dust to be that bad. Not with just one tiel. And a good air filter can solve that problem. Weekly bathing helps keep the dander down too.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue :fairy2:

but is it possible to have them out in my room together at the same time?
I don´t think you would know until you brought home a bird and got to know them and find out more about the individual birds personality.