• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel eggs pipping

Erickv96

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erick valle
I currenting have 5 eggs incubating in a homemade incubator everything that is needed for the eggs have been met as all 5 have life.
Now the first egg has started pipping 28 hours ago . It still only has a small hole. I have tried to read and do research on the matter but not much is found.

I need to know now that the baby has a hole to breathe through does the temperature and humidity need to drop or stay the same in the incubator?

Should i move it out of the incubator during the pipping process?

also do they have enough food to stay alive for another 20 hours? And after they hatch does the 8-12 hours without feeding still apply after they have been pipping for so long?
Egg#2 has also started pipping but not broken through yet. Chirping is coming from both eggs.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sorry, I don't know about incubating eggs, but regarding this part,

And after they hatch does the 8-12 hours without feeding still apply after they have been pipping for so long?
They don't get fed while they absorb the yolk sac. So once it is fully absorbed, they can be fed. You can see this through the skin around that "belly button" area.

Erickv96

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erick valle
Sorry, I don't know about incubating eggs, but regarding this part,

They don't get fed while they absorb the yolk sac. So once it is fully absorbed, they can be fed. You can see this through the skin around that "belly button" area.
Thanks for the reply i have noticed online it claims that its crop should be full in this process . But this one was born without a full crop. I do see the yolk in the belly . Its still yellow should i still feed the baby until its crop is full?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
it claims that its crop should be full in this process
No. The crop is empty while the yolk sac is absorbed. If the chick is dehydrated, you can give a couple of drops of natural unsweetened coconut water or pedialyte during this time.
Once the yolk sac is completely asorbed, then you can feed. Remember the formula consistency changes daily for the first 5 days of feeding, starting quite runny. The ratios will be with your instructions on the package.