• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Bird has a sore next to his eye?

Aegis

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kelly
My baby sun Conure (about 5 months) looks like he has a purple sore on the skin around his eye. So far he’s been acting and eating as normal but I’m fairly certain that a nasty looking sore is NOT NORMAL. What is it, and should I contact my vet? image.jpg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like a scratch or bruise. How long has he had that? Can you email the photo to your vet?
Sometimes scratches or bruises clear up on their own but sometimes it's a good idea to take the bird to vet and have any sores or injuries checked.

Aegis

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kelly
Looks like a scratch or bruise. How long has he had that? Can you email the photo to your vet?
Sometimes scratches or bruises clear up on their own but sometimes it's a good idea to take the bird to vet and have any sores or injuries checked.
I just noticed it today, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t there yesterday. I’ll see what I can do to contact my vet. He’s molting as well, do you think he might have accidentally scratched himself too hard while he was picking at a pin feather?

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would give it a few days to clear up. If it gets worse, I'd call the vet. But it's probably just a minor injury that will heal.