• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new aviary. My neighbors. SO STRESSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Get some pet foxes and give them squeaky toys. Put their enclosure right next to the pigpen and just let them have their fun.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Hahaha! Too funny everyone!

The irony of it all is that they're not home atm, and their little yappy dog won't stop barking! I think that a leaf falling of a branch would make that dog bark!

My Dexter makes 4-6 one second calls in 15-20 minutes, yet their little yappy dog goes on and on and on throughout the day.

Shinobi

Jogging around the block

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Hahaha! Too funny everyone!

The irony of it all is that they're not home atm, and their little yappy dog won't stop barking! I think that a leaf falling of a branch would make that dog bark!

My Dexter makes 4-6 one second calls in 15-20 minutes, yet their little yappy dog goes on and on and on throughout the day.
Email them and tell that, though you know they're out, their dog has now been yapping for X minutes and is a nuisance - you would appreciate it if they left it inside when they're gone.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Get a Lyrebird, they are most notable for their SURPERB ability to mimic natural and artificial sounds from their environment. The lyrebird can sound like a chainsaw through to children laughing. Imagine, Dexter in stereo, their yap yap dog or the door and windows slamming.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwimteeWlo7bAhWEerwKHVmXCGsQtwIIMTAB&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE0Kdfos4Y&usg=AOvVaw0olvPTAgzgP4R4LTJkxn8Q

I'm dying right now! While I was playing this video, my grey, Maalik, was trying to imitate some of the sounds the Lyre bird was making.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
their little yappy dog won't stop barking! My Dexter makes 4-6 one second calls in 15-20 minutes, yet their little yappy dog goes on and on and on throughout the day.
Record it. Set up a camcorder of some kind turn on the timestamp and let it record the whole time. Ammo should you need to return fire.

BirdManDan

Real Name
Dan
You have been more than patient! It is time to forget about your neighbor and do whatever you want to do with your aviary and birds. They deserve absolutely no respect for the way they are behaving. Do what you want and let them call the cops if they want because you have done nothing wrong.
keep-calm-cuz-patience-is-a-virtue.png BUT There-is-a-limit-to-everything.jpeg BECAUSE there-is-a-limit.jpg

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Record it. Set up a camcorder of some kind turn on the timestamp and let it record the whole time. Ammo should you need to return fire.
I have to agree on this one. Write down dates and times and a few recordings wouldn't hurt.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
@Birdbabe tell us how you really feel lol oh my goodness lol.

@Nikomania I am sorry she is still being that way but you have the paperwork and there is nothing she can do about it.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That would be one heck of a long recording. Don't have anything that'll do the trick.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
You have been more than patient! It is time to forget about your neighbor and do whatever you want to do with your aviary and birds. They deserve absolutely no respect for the way they are behaving. Do what you want and let them call the cops if they want because you have done nothing wrong.
View attachment 277045 BUT View attachment 277046 BECAUSE View attachment 277047

You're right. My patience is wearing very thin, and I'm about to tell her to go bleep herself.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@Birdbabe tell us how you really feel lol oh my goodness lol.

@Nikomania I am sorry she is still being that way but you have the paperwork and there is nothing she can do about it.

I know. I do have the paperwork. Frankly I'm a person who doesn't embrace discord and conflict very well. I'm one who's always looking for a fair resolution to any problem.

It is my intent to hit her with the letter, should she start e-mailing me again, or peering over the wall. The door and window slamming today was extremely childish non-verbal crap which actually had the opposite effect on me. Up until now I'd hurry Dexter back into the house, but this time I continued going about my business with Dexter. What I didn't do is leave him outside for more than 15 minutes, which is the time limit imposed upon us by them. Working on taking back control, slowly but surely.

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
[QUOTE="Nikomania, post: 2827363, member: 10109"]
You're right. My patience is wearing very thin, and I'm about to tell her to go bleep herself.[/QUOTE]

C. Animals

1. The keeping or maintenance, or the permitting to be kept or maintained upon any premises owned, occupied, or controlled by any person of any animal or animals which by any frequent or long-continued noise, shall cause annoyance or discomfort to a reasonable person of normal sensitiveness in the vicinity.
2. The noise from any such animal or animals that disturbs two or more residents residing in separate residences adjacent to any part of the property on which the subject animal or animals are kept or maintained, or three or more residents residing in separate residences in close proximity to the property on which the subject animal or animals or kept or maintained shall be prima facie evidence of a violation of this section.

Existing Conditions
The City is primarily a developed and urbanized city, and an elevated ambient noise level is a normal part of the urban environment. Urban areas typically have a higher ambient noise level, which is the composite of noise from all normal background noise sources at a given location. The most prevalent noise sources in San Diego are from motor vehicle traffic on interstate freeways, state highways, and local major roads generally due to higher traffic volumes and speeds. Aircraft noise is also present in many areas of the City. Rail traffic and industrial and commercial activities contribute to the noise environment. Urban noises can also include, but are not limited to the following: construction, refuse vehicles, sporting/special events, and public activity noise, such as dogs barking, leaf blower, loud music or car alarms.

Noise ordinance laws exist, but they were not designed to make sure you don’t ever have to hear your neighbor. They are standards put in place to allow people to make acceptable amounts of noise.

Zoning does affect the allowable decibel level. In residential-only areas, a typical noise ordinance sets a “sound curfew,” or period of reduced allowable noise, between 11 p.m. and 8 a.m. on weekdays, and midnight to 9 a.m. or 10 a.m. on weekends.

This applies to the dog that barks all night and your neighbor’s carpool buddy who lays on the car horn every morning.

The rule of thumb is that if the noise is loud enough to keep a reasonable person awake, then it is probably illegal. A police officer can use a device to read decibel levels to verify whether your neighbor is breaking noise ordinances.

I would point out that her yap yap dog barked and barked. In fact barked the whole time they were out. Then I would tell her to go and Bleep herself repeatedly.

Last edited:

BirdManDan

Real Name
Dan
I know. I do have the paperwork. Frankly I'm a person who doesn't embrace discord and conflict very well. I'm one who's always looking for a fair resolution to any problem.

It is my intent to hit her with the letter, should she start e-mailing me again, or peering over the wall. The door and window slamming today was extremely childish non-verbal crap which actually had the opposite effect on me. Up until now I'd hurry Dexter back into the house, but this time I continued going about my business with Dexter. What I didn't do is leave him outside for more than 15 minutes, which is the time limit imposed upon us by them. Working on taking back control, slowly but surely.

Well I would say a fair resolution is long past. Leave Dexter and the gang out there all day long if you want.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
That would be one heck of a long recording. Don't have anything that'll do the trick.
Make a recording for as long as your recording device can record. Then make notes on something like a kitchen calendar the times it starts and stops daily. The other thing this recording will do too, is record any parrot calls in the background.

It might be a double-edged sword or not but it will show a comparison of continuous dog yapping vs. intermittent parrot calls. Consider it though as a back-up.

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yes I hope you’re documenting all this!

Status
Not open for further replies.