• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new aviary. My neighbors. SO STRESSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
If we can keep you laughing that in itself is some stress relief.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
It's all about finding that silver lining in every cloud!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
If cow bells don't do the trick, I'll loan you the plantation dinner bell I'm about to put up. That's my size 10 boot at the bottom of the pic to give an idea of the size.
View attachment 275271

I love it! Just send her the link to where you bought it. :doublelol:

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
If cow bells don't do the trick, I'll loan you the plantation dinner bell I'm about to put up. That's my size 10 boot at the bottom of the pic to give an idea of the size.
View attachment 275271

Fantastic! That will look great across from their office where she works from home! :devil::evilsign:

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I had Dexter outside for less than 5 minutes, but unfortunately he let out 4 squawks during that time. All of a sudden I heard a door slam and multiple windows slamming shut in rapid fire. At first I thought something big had knocked over, but then I realized the neighbor was trying to send home her point of just how much she hates my poor guy. Seems so childish. She'd 'agreed' to my having Dexter outside for 15 minutes, or longer, pending how quiet he'd be. Guess even that isn't good enough for her.

Her problem is so much greater than what I can help out with. I'm so over her.

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
I feel for you. I too have a crazy neighbor (truly - we use that word so lightly, but in this case there is true mental illness, alcoholism, and domestic violence). To date mine has: threatened to kill us, stolen from us, tried to run over me, "menaced" our kids with their vehicle, built a dam to try to block our creek (thank you, Army Corps of Engineers!! They can be scary when they have to be!!!), sued us for an easement they didn't need (they had it dismissed at the last minute), killed one of our dogs, built a 10' wooden fence to block out the world, pointed surveillance cameras at us (we have a large property, so they can't actually see us through the trees) and run around taking our pictures every time they see us. And they have an arsenal of weapons...

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I feel for you. I too have a crazy neighbor (truly - we use that word so lightly, but in this case there is true mental illness, alcoholism, and domestic violence). To date mine has: threatened to kill us, stolen from us, tried to run over me, "menaced" our kids with their vehicle, built a dam to try to block our creek (thank you, Army Corps of Engineers!! They can be scary when they have to be!!!), sued us for an easement they didn't need (they had it dismissed at the last minute), killed one of our dogs, built a 10' wooden fence to block out the world, pointed surveillance cameras at us (we have a large property, so they can't actually see us through the trees) and run around taking our pictures every time they see us. And they have an arsenal of weapons...
:omg:Killed your dog, too??? I can't even...

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
She died of kidney failure due to poisoning. It was sooo difficult to watch, and to know... and to not be able to do anything, legally.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Holy S@&t! @Fia Baby
It must be so horrible to live next to people like that. I have one neighbor that drives me nuts, but both of your neighbors make me thankful things aren’t worse.

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
I had Dexter outside for less than 5 minutes, but unfortunately he let out 4 squawks during that time. All of a sudden I heard a door slam and multiple windows slamming shut in rapid fire. At first I thought something big had knocked over, but then I realized the neighbor was trying to send home her point of just how much she hates my poor guy. Seems so childish. She'd 'agreed' to my having Dexter outside for 15 minutes, or longer, pending how quiet he'd be. Guess even that isn't good enough for her.

Why is she dictating to you when and how long for, your bird can come outside?
It's her PROBLEM no matter how great and you aren't obliged to help out.

I would look at planting a hedge along the fence.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

The noise causes her to experience immediate feelings of anger and range. Called misophonia. Have tried to accommodate her noise sensitivity by watching our doors, windows and outside time during his vocalizations, but it's gone above and beyond what I can manage. Yes, it is her problem, but unfortunately it has become mine, too.
We actually are planning to plant some more trees and foliage along our fence line. For us, actually, as I know nothing will help our situation other than rehoming Dexter. AND THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Yes, I am shouting.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

That would've been music to my ears. Whatever to her.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Lots of shrubs, windchimes, oh hell,,,get a rooster,,,that would be awesome! You are faaarrrr more patient with this b!+<# than I would be... ya know what? $<r#w her,,,over, done, shes just a big whiney, entitled, spoiled b!+<#.....put some earplugs in her mailbox,,ya know, the kind we use when we shoot guns..oh h#((...get a peacock..:rofl:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Land mines...

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Lots of shrubs, windchimes, oh HE double hockey sticks,,,get a rooster,,,that would be awesome! You are faaarrrr more patient with this b!+<# than I would be... ya know what? $<r#w her,,,over, done, shes just a big whiney, entitled, spoiled b!+<#.....put some earplugs in her mailbox,,ya know, the kind we use when we shoot guns..oh h#((...get a peacock..:rofl:
Pet "miniature" pig and make the pigpen next to her side of the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.