• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have to move...therefore I have to downsize my flock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:bighug:

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
All - I'm meeting with a lawyer this morning so I will be back on line later. I've been in this home over 19 years it is hard. A LOT of stuff to throw out. I haven't dealt with the emotions yet because I'm numb.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
I am so sorry. Sometimes rescues will foster until a person's situation changes. Would this perhaps be a possibility for you?

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I, too, lived in a large home when we acquired the animals and due to similar circumstances have had to rent for the last few years. It has been very difficult. You have my sympathy best wishes to find a place that will allow your animals :hug8:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Mary Lynn you know I live in Maryland too. I know this must be beyond stressful for you. Hugs and please know you can call me any time if you need a friendly ear.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
HI everyone - thank you for your hugs. I was able to buy myself some more time yesterday and MAYBE stay where I am for a couple of years of more. I know a lot of you have started some private conversations with me. I am exhausted. Emotionally and physically. It may take me a couple of days to get through to all of them. It is difficult for me to think about which birds I want to give up. Just when I think...oh I can let that one go...that's the one that will say "hi" to me or open their wings and play "big bird" with me for a while, or call for me when I leave the room. Animals and birds just know when their caretaker is stressed.
I did find a place that if/when it becomes available will be willing to take all my animals and birds. However, right now nothing is available at the two places that I have looked (55+) that falls into that category. Plus I don't know how much it will cost me. :)

I just want to rest for a few days or so before I have to start planning what to do next.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:hug8:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
More time is always good.

Hang in there

jeme3

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
More time is good.

Take care of yourself first, then you'll be able to make good decisions.

:hug8:

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I know I have to take care of myself right now because if I don't I will be so sick and won't be able to do much of anything for several months.
That has been part of the problem in the last 1 1/2 years. I would pack boxes for a while and look for a location to move to and then I would get sick. Then I wouldn't be able to do anything for a long time. It was a horrible cycle to go through and no one really understood. I know the last week or so I have just been going on how to get through to today. Now that I'm here...I'm tired. :straightface:

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Rest, not just your body but your mind. Turn off your brain so you can have happy thoughts, get off the computer about an hour before you go to bed, listen to soothing music, do you have a sleep mask or a white noise machine? get yourself off that ferris wheel for awhile, have some me time, you deserve it.....:cool:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Rest is very important for you now. The last time I moved (one year ago) I ended up in the hospital from exhaustion and pneumonia.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Rest is very important for you now. The last time I moved (one year ago) I ended up in the hospital from exhaustion and pneumonia.
Well, I don't want to do that. How awful. Yes, I know rest is important but I have been in the - go - go - go - mode for several weeks now that I'm having a hard time slowing myself down. I will though.
I calm myself down at night by praying. It works for me.
Ferris wheel - yep just going round and round.

I have to laugh though. A couple of weeks ago (maybe more) I was complaining that I didn't have anything to search CL for. Now I'm searching for an apartment. If it's not one thing it is another. :)

SueA555

Real Name
Sue Anderson
I lost my home too. It was horrible. Now I'm in a one-bedroom apartment. I only have Joey, so that wasn't a problem.

Good luck to you! I hope you find good homes for your birds, and that your life gets better.

noblemacaw

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rebecca
In April I moved three states away for a job because I had no opportunities at home and was 2 months from becoming homeless. I lost my house had to sell and donate belongings I did not wish to part with and had to place my dog and cat. My ex took Julio but took him back to the rescue. My heart goes out to you because I know what it feels like to suffer what you are going through

So much loss is experienced. It is like the grieving process never ends. I miss my home my family my companions. I had to start over in every aspect in my life. On top of all this loss and change forced on me I'm still trying to deal with the fact I had to abandon my mother's beautiful hutch. It is like having to leave it behind wraps up all the loss I experience

I know in my head I am in a better place and have been given the chance to start over. I'm very grateful for this reboot however the sadness still remains and things seem so much more difficult when you are alone

My heart goes out to you because I understand. I pray things work out for you that it will get better

Status
Not open for further replies.