• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have to move...therefore I have to downsize my flock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry this is happening :sadhug2:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We are all pretty sure the stress isn't helping this and as much as I try not to stress it is just human.
I am fortunate to have lots of good people in my life. And that just makes it possible.
I am so sorry you are struggling through this Mary Lynn. I am sure your bird and animal companions can sense you are upset and stressed. I hope you find a nice aprartment soon and things work out for you. Again, if there is anything I can help with, let me know. :hug8:

Last edited:

SueA555

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sue Anderson
I'm so sorry. I lost my home too, and now live in a one bedroom apartment. Joey moved with me, but I lost so much -- I was very depressed for a while and developed PTSD. Thanks to a great therapist, I'm getting better.

redbarnmacaw

Sprinting down the street
You've been in our hearts and prayers and will continue to be. such a stressful situation I couldn't imagine being in your shoes

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Thank you for your update - I've been thinking of you. I'm not near you but if there is any way I can help, please PM me and ask.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Thank you so much for your prayers. I know God was working yesterday at the meeting. Mine was the easiest meeting my attorney had seen all day. He kept calling the Sr. partner for direction because he was so scared.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:hug8:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
We are all pulling for you to settle down and have a peaceful life after all this turmoil.

HazelBird029

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Archer
Keeping you in my prayers :hug4:

Susan in So Cal

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:hug8:

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
We are all pulling for you to settle down and have a peaceful life after all this turmoil.
Thank you. That is what I am praying for too. I have found myself even thinking about where I would place furniture in my new apartment - when everything works out. I even found out last week that I can have plants on my balcony...so I can take some of my plants from my yard. I know my doctor will be happy for me about that.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Ok - so it's really hard to decide which is the next flock member to leave. Do I rehome the quiet one...or do I rehome the one who bit me yesterday?

Here's the latest in my saga. Friday my hearing aid quit working. I've already had it repaired three times they won't do it again. Fortunately I have a spare right now. Saturday my air conditioner at my house quit working. The things is 22 years old...since I'm leaving I'm not replacing it. Right now I'm not able to figure out what is wrong with it but I'm working on it. Me - is working on it. I have to clean the outside condenser and I have other things that need to be done first. Since the daytime temperatures are expected to be in the 90s for the next few days I have moved to the basement of my house. It is a full apartment...meaning I have a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. It's cooler down there but not perfect...still humid although I have a dehumidifier running all the time and I empty it almost everyday. Yesterday my friends came over and they moved three of my four cages to the basement for me. I have my other two birds in temporary cages until I can get their cage taken apart and moved downstairs. Whew! I put together a bed last night for me to sleep on. It was a spare that I was taking with me when I moved. One of my friends who helped with the cages also moved a spare tv (my daughter's) to the basement and hooked up my dvd player for me. So, I'm good to go in the basement apartment of my home. In the move I did get bit but only once and it hurt like crazy.

:bounce4:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Prayers up for you....

redbarnmacaw

Sprinting down the street
Hi, idk if your involved with church at all. I do know they help member's in crisis. I really hope the best for you & that the birds will be safe living it up in the basement. Is there enough sun light down there? our basement is also cool .... but full of mold from the dampness in the air. I was amazed I have never seen mold grown on things not even touching it *gross* we have some dry rid container's down there until we can get ppl to clean our basement up. IF we can get it cleaned up we can adopt another parrot one day years down the road. Maybe the Cape will still come into our lifes.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Prayers up for you....
Thank you. Things are moving right along today. I talked to the short sale lawyer today. Such a big load off my mind. Once I get the house packed and cleaned I will be able to take a break and rest. Oh wait - I make sure I do that anyway which is why the house isn't ready right now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.