• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have to move...therefore I have to downsize my flock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Here they changed the rules about 20 years ago, any lot a house can be built on a manufactured home can be put on. They got tired of mobile home parks raising space rents and making older homes go away so changed the law.
Too bad because since then places like mine have popped up here and there and only reason I got this one is my realtors backup guy knew about it and thought it was a great home for the money but nobody was interested because of what it was and the fact they never bothered to clean up or landscape the lot after rebuilding this place. I didn't care about a pretty yard, just enough space for my stuff and a OK affordable place to live so finally decided it was the nicest plus almost cheapest place we had seen in 3 months.

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I submitted my paper work yesterday for a loan modification on my home mortgage. My appointment is set for August 24th...around noon.
It was nice to go home last night and not have to worry about paper work to be completed. I actually didn't have to think about numbers last night...other than clean two kitty litter pans and put up 3 perches. Those are numbers I can handle.

Please pray that God's will be done. It is only through a miracle that I will be able to afford the house on my own income. But if God wants me in the home He will make it happen. I have done everything that I can do at this point.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Sending prayers your way. I hope it all works out.

:hug8:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Thoughts and prayers remain with you and your babies.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Thank you.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Prayers up

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Update - the loan modification has been cancelled until the bankruptcy is determined which was depending on what the loan modification was going to be. Looks like the bankruptcy will be dismissed then the loan modification will be rescheduled. So, I know nothing firm...except that I have found a place that I would like to live and isn't far from where I am but I need to make some decisions about some of my flock and my furry friends. My daughter is insisting that I downsize my flock to no more than three. I'm saying no less than four. In the meantime...until I need to make a final decision I am still looking for a place to live.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am really sorry you are going through this stressful time. If I run into anyone wanting to get a bird will let you know. Are your birds mostly the larger type?

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Update - the loan modification has been cancelled until the bankruptcy is determined which was depending on what the loan modification was going to be. Looks like the bankruptcy will be dismissed then the loan modification will be rescheduled. So, I know nothing firm...except that I have found a place that I would like to live and isn't far from where I am but I need to make some decisions about some of my flock and my furry friends. My daughter is insisting that I downsize my flock to no more than three. I'm saying no less than four. In the meantime...until I need to make a final decision I am still looking for a place to live.

Thank you for updating us...you have been on my mind and in my prayers frequently lately; was going to PM you to ask how it was going.

I hate "grown-up stuff"...so sorry you have such a lot of it on your plate right now. I'll keep those prayers coming (((hugs)))

redbarnmacaw

Sprinting down the street
I do not know how to send you a private message. Could you PM me? Ty

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I will pray for you and yours. What a hard spot to be in. I wish somebody near you could use a roommate in their large, parrot-friendly home.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Just now seeing this thread, so sorry you're going through this. I am praying for you!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

HazelBird029

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Archer
Will keep you in my prayers. May God guide your path and keep you and your birds safe :)

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I am really sorry you are going through this stressful time. If I run into anyone wanting to get a bird will let you know. Are your birds mostly the larger type?
My birds are mostly the large birds. Lesser Sulphur toos.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I will pray for you and yours. What a hard spot to be in. I wish somebody near you could use a roommate in their large, parrot-friendly home.
Me too. I will keep looking and praying.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I have been home the last two days - away from the internet - with fatigue from a migraine and fibromyalgia.
God has told me what I need to do next but I don't know who I'm supposed to tell first. He will guide me through that too.
Thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts and love and hugs. They help so much.

It looks like Rocky is going to go to another home.
I caught the toos sitting on the same boing together yesterday. Side by side.
The pair of severes have given me infertile eggs. I will be taking the nesting box down until after my move.
The Triton has been less vocal - or I'm just learning to tune him out.
The Ekkies are still being very sweet. Kiwi is becoming sweeter and sweeter and wants to come out every time I open the door. Of course most of the time he is allowed to come out because he just hangs out wherever I put him.
The cats - oh dear - yesterday they all wanted to be on me. Pushing things off of the table to get to me. It was funny but it wasn't funny.

I'm wondering - should I get a three bedroom apartment so that I can have a cat room, a bird room, and a me room? :wacky:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm sure the stress of all of this doesn't help. Hugs.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
We are all pretty sure the stress isn't helping this and as much as I try not to stress it is just human.
I am fortunate to have lots of good people in my life. And that just makes it possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.