• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have to move...therefore I have to downsize my flock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Hi, idk if your involved with church at all. I do know they help member's in crisis. I really hope the best for you & that the birds will be safe living it up in the basement. Is there enough sun light down there? our basement is also cool .... but full of mold from the dampness in the air. I was amazed I have never seen mold grown on things not even touching it *gross* we have some dry rid container's down there until we can get ppl to clean our basement up. IF we can get it cleaned up we can adopt another parrot one day years down the road. Maybe the Cape will still come into our lifes.
I am affiliated with a church and a couple of them are looking for rentals in their area. Places that will allow me to keep all of my cats and birds. The basement got wet a couple of times (leaking cheap copper pipes). We have had those fixed and the wet is gone. It is still humid because the dehumidifier needs to be emptied alot but I'm down there so I noticed and I do it. I will have to set up my lights that I had already purchased for the parrots from the winter. Today might be a little dark for them but I left the lights on for them. It's not the best set up but it is only temporary. I worry more about my birds than I do me.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I'm assuming it is a permanent whole house air conditioner not a window air conditioner?
It is - I cleaned the inside condensor...I couldn't find the outside one...found it last night...it's the whole thing and it's green. It really needs to be cleaned. :)

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Update - I'm still in my home. Slowly things are getting squared away. I still have lots of packing to do but I don't look at what has to be done I look at what I've already accomplished. I love living on a one floor apartment. I don't have to foster any of my birds out while the house is on the market. The agent says they can stay right there. :)
Not sure when I will have to move but not until the end of January 2016 at the earliest right now.

When I first started packing (July 2015) we packed all of my clothes except 2 weeks worth. Temperatures then were in the 80s and 90s. Now the temps are in the 60s and I'm still wearing those same clothes. :D I'm not sure which is going to take more energy...going shopping and buying some new clothes or moving boxes to get to my winter clothes.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Definitely moving boxes. Wishing you all the best in your new home.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I'll keep you in my prayers. Hang in there!

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I am so sorry, so many losses. take care.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I'll keep you in my prayers. Hang in there!
thank you for your prayers. I'm tired today. I'm getting ready to go and visit my daughter and her family for a few days so getting the food ready and the cages ready and the kitty pans cleaned and packed and oh yes - the house has to be ready for pictures. Ugh!!! I need those prayers.
I am so sorry, so many losses. take care.
Thank you. Even though it is/was tough I'm making it. Things are gonna be okay.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Hi everyone - another update. The NEW court date is now in mid February. Meanwhile if my home sells it will still likely be sometime in March before I have to move ... at the earliest.

Also, I've kind of got the mind set now that my kids can't tell me how many birds I can have or not have. :D

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I know you are looking forward to getting a grey and all.... although I am concerned that if you end up with more birds (either through adoption or through other means), it may make moving more difficult. Would you be able to handle moving with more birds?

Just something to consider. :)

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Thanks Monica. I appreciate the concern. If I wait to make decisions nothing happens. Then when I make a decision things change.

As for the birds...I don't get a bird that I haven't discussed with the back up person the what ifs. That includes move or death or just illness. All of my birds have other places to go.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If I wait to make decisions nothing happens. Then when I make a decision things change.

Definitely know the feeling! Felt that one way too many times! LOL

Glad to know you're planning ahead! :)

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
As for the birds...I don't get a bird that I haven't discussed with the back up person the what ifs. That includes move or death or just illness. All of my birds have other places to go.
It just doesn't work out that way all the time. That's why I reached out to the forum earlier this year. You need a backup to your backup.

atalanta

Meeting neighbors
Hi, can you tell me about the Severe and post pics? I've had one before. Thanks

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Hi, can you tell me about the Severe and post pics? I've had one before. Thanks
I no longer have the Severe that was rehomed. My avatar is a pick of one of my Severe's. I no longer have to rehome any of my birds...as of now. They are feisty birds and have the macaw BIG noise (well not quit as loud as the big guys) but they don't have the size and the mess as the big guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.