• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What foods do your cockatiels love? (fruit/veg?)

Cockatango

Meeting neighbors
I'm wary Tango is becoming a bit of a seed junkie. She can be quite picky and is reluctant to eat wet food. She'll nibble on the stems left on grape vines, and will sometimes take broccoli and lettuce.

What do your tiels like?

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Our guys like just about any veggie that we thand the red juice on their yellow faces row in the "chop"...but I think an all time favorite we've found are bell peppers...any color...green, red, orange, or yellow.

They smoosh the peppers up before they eat them...which can present a problem with the juice...it gets all over their faces...and the red juice on their faces can look a little messy...;)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mixed veggies...peas, corn, carrots. They don't usually eat the green beans that are in the mix.

SunUp

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
My girl likes mixed veggies, but she really loves leafy greens. Our grocery store sells organic greens of many types in the lettuce section, and I use those. She eats those with gusto. She also really loves sprouted seeds, but I don't do those all the time.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My tiel loved all kinds of lettuce- Boston, Bibb, Romaine, etc. He also really like broccoli (chopped in small pieces) and cooked, mashed sweet potato. Tiels generally don't eat fruit.

Marloz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
My female love spinach, peas, corn, chickweed, apples, grapes and sometimes nibble on green pepper. She prefer green veges and fruit