• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS WELCOME to the 2016 SPRING SIDEWALK SALE

jerseybella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
dawn

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Well shoot. Thats ok. I miss those perches though. That was one fantastic product that is readily missed with my flock. Although I do have a few cajeput but the soft bark was stripped away.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You know we had 3 listed a few months ago. 1 person bought them all. They sat there for weeks! I was just about to take them down and give to mine. Bam! They sold. True story.

When you have more you can email me. I guess Mercedes too... Email Mercedes after me... I want 12 unless you have 24. :p

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have never had cajeput here so what is so special about it? The peel away bark? The difficulty getting it?

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Have never had cajeput here so what is so special about it? The peel away bark? The difficulty getting it?
I have a platform cageput put away...bought several from a vendor here (no longer here) The outer layer of bark is very flaky and about 1/2 inch thick - my tiels LOVED it...once the outer bark is peeled away - still OK to use - had some regular perches in cageput also that my birds loved peeling away the outer layer. They also love Danita's chunky willow perches...will have to get more of those some day. Grapevine is also a favorite here.
Really wish some of our vendors count get some more cajeput!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a platform cageput put away...bought several from a vendor here (no longer here) The outer layer of bark is very flaky and about 1/2 inch thick - my tiels LOVED it...once the outer bark is peeled away - still OK to use - had some regular perches in cageput also that my birds loved peeling away the outer layer. They also love Danita's chunky willow perches...will have to get more of those some day. Grapevine is also a favorite here.
Really wish some of our vendors count get some more cajeput!

One of these days I will get a cajeput perch or platform. I think I know the vendor you are referring to. She had a very large variety of perches but closed shop.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm running out of time and no time to shop!!

Hopefully this evening I'll get a few minutes because I must have AS.

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
So googling Cajeput......member of the myrtle family, also called paper bark tree, tea tree, or white bottle brush tree. Introduced to Florida to help prevent deterioration of the swamps and now considered invasive. So where are our Florida peeps at? Why are they not out in the swamps chopping some of these prized trees up and selling them in the bird market? Seems to me you could make a little extra $$ on the side?? Do you accept bribes? I can make cake!!!

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
One of these days I will get a cajeput perch or platform. I think I know the vendor you are referring to. She had a very large variety of perches but closed shop.
Yes...she closed her shop :( She had a great variety of perches. If you find any sources for cageput perches, esp the platforms - please share :D

SpoiledFids

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
You know we had 3 listed a few months ago. 1 person bought them all. They sat there for weeks! I was just about to take them down and give to mine. Bam! They sold. True story.
I know who that was...;)
E-mail me first if you get more! I need to add to my collection!

Lisidou

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Who is it that has the rope highway? I need another one, the one that has the SS rings on it so it can be easily hung.....which vendor has that? Anyone know?
Thanks!

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
Ok I can NOT find where the IGAW OOAK items are to be bought!! :blink: