• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS WELCOME to the 2016 SPRING SIDEWALK SALE

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, I did not want to spend any $$, but I broke down and bought a bunch of small toys from Jenn and Danita. The American dollar is stronger than Canadian dollar right now, so how could I not order from Danita? Everybody needs to support small business. I won't shop the big chain pet stores.

Wasabi seems to enjoy small toys and foot toys better than big toys. Generally, nothing bigger than a birdie bagel. There is a large braided rope toy that he beats up when he's mad at me - heaven forbid I open the door to give him clean water after he's made a lovely birdie bagel, pine cone, fruit and wooden block soup. Evil, evil parront.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Tim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I still haven't heard from any breeders about my potential girl. We are thinking Daisy or Petunia.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I still haven't heard from any breeders about my potential girl. We are thinking Daisy or Petunia.
Love both names! Diego and Daisy has a nice ring to it!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Gloria has a live cam on the babies, so much fun to see them clumsily trying to perch and stuff. Link is on her website somewhere.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
And my wallet can finally rest
Can't wait to see pics of everything you got!
I'm super excited to see it all too! It won't be crazy like last time, lol. I was actually just checking to see what the overall damage was. Got the budgies 3 AS toys, two small woodies and a two perches. Got Weeble the AS base and she will probably get both IGAW OOAK toys I got. Aside from that I ordered a ton of cork pieces and bases for Beeper from The parrot shop, some skewers from Blu's, some food and a few parts from TFW. tomorrow I'll get more balsa for the budgies a CBN. I am hoarding so many TFW toys that i just couldn't justify getting any more right now. The TFW rack in the bird closet is pretty much already at capacity, lol. image.jpeg

Overall I feel like I did pretty well, considering all the good sales we had. I bought some things I hadn't planned on, but managed to resist many urges, lol. So hard! Our vendors are just too awesome. Did you snag some special goodies you are super excited about? I am dying to see the AS toy base. :cantwait:

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I controlled myself this SWS also and only ordered from AS, MPBT, IGAW, Wingdow and OG. It sounds like a lot but most were smaller orders. I'm so bummed I didn't get anything from AO or the RLS, it will be my first time not playing bingo :sad11:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I controlled myself this SWS also and only ordered from AS, MPBT, IGAW, Wingdow and OG. It sounds like a lot but most were smaller orders. I'm so bummed I didn't get anything from AO or the RLS, it will be my first time not playing bingo :sad11:
No bingo?! Well I barely qualified. I got two RLS items. A bag of pepper bites and mini Popsicle sticks, lol. Did you end up getting a window? They are so cool!

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
And I wanted to get things from ABT, Avian Antics, the kitchen sink from Wingdow and TNT... But I was good and there's always next time I hope!

BirdBro

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
I just did my orders due to how hectic this weekend was for me. Was very good and ordered only AS (about 1/2 originally planned as several items had sold out) plus wood from Avian Antics & MPBTs as I won't have time to cut & drill my own anytime soon.

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
I really enjoyed seeing the personality and artistry of our vendors. It was the first time I'd visited some of the ones on the list and it was so fun to get a sense of the creative minds that put the toys together. The simple lines and bold colors of some. The fuzzy, neutral, busyness of others. The no-nonsense solidness of wood. The jingly, flashiness of metal. The crinkly shredding joy of paper.

Art that is meant to be utterly, totally, completely destroyed (except maybe those metal pieces...)!

:heart: to all the vendors from all our birdies!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I already have one :) I ordered the chair straps for it and a new perch to replace to dowel
View attachment 223964
No Bingo for me either but I never played & I think I will be busy Tuesday anyway.

Love it & I see ring a ling! Was contemplating between symphony or Mini Mayhem as my 2nd AS but liked the bells & the chain was completely covered with tubing. (I thought it was the last MM so I rushed to grab it. Still hope I made the best decision as I have a hard time making up my mind)

I thought I posted but maybe it was another thread.

Got in my AS order of Low Key & Mini Mayhem.

Finances are tight & he still needs some perches but I have been going back & forth with a vendor trying to get some that meet my specifications so I will continue dealing with him & opted out of checking out perches during the SWS.
I got a platform perch from T4W 2 weeks ago so he has that.

Doing the best I can on a limited budget.

Thanks for the SWS & festivities though is was a fun event!

Last edited:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Okay, I am pau (finished). Shockingly I stayed on budget thanks to that awesome
raffle GC from IGAW.

I try to sample a new vendor every sale, this year I tried CABN, shipping cost to Hawaii was great. I needed a new balsa source as Jan is no longer selling her awesome balsa and CABN had a great price on 1/8 slices.
Would love to know how your birds like this balsa when you get it...my tiels loved Jan's balsa and I need to find a new source also. :)

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm going to give a shout out to CABN @calibird's balsa. It's crosscut, not cut along the grain like most balsa, and my birds have so much more fun snipping it. They waste less that way too, because it comes off in smaller chunks. The dye job is amazing, too. Highly recommended!

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
I just ordered myself some cabn balsa. And a bunch of other stuff too. :)
I'm always pleased with my orders!

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Seeing as I got my order for CABN today, I can say fast shipping. The fan I got I thought was going to be WAY smaller (someone forgot to look at dimensions). So it should last a long time.
:dance4:

I had to get more balsa from somewhere and I like the dyed ones from CABN since Jan no longer stocks the natural ones.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Well, I did not want to spend any $$, but I broke down and bought a bunch of small toys from Jenn and Danita. The American dollar is stronger than Canadian dollar right now, so how could I not order from Danita? Everybody needs to support small business. I won't shop the big chain pet stores.

Wasabi seems to enjoy small toys and foot toys better than big toys. Generally, nothing bigger than a birdie bagel. There is a large braided rope toy that he beats up when he's mad at me - heaven forbid I open the door to give him clean water after he's made a lovely birdie bagel, pine cone, fruit and wooden block soup. Evil, evil parront.
And I greatly appreciate your order!:hug8:I can't believe Danita did not get an all wood ML from me!:arghh: Our sale is still going on...through tomorrow night for anyone who still wants to shop.