• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

** Update #88 ** Something is wrong with Piper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You should notice a change within the first 5-6 days or so. Korbel also did better while on Nystatin then worse again. It might help a little but not enough. If they start really not eating from the meds, talk to your vet. My vet is taking Korbel off the meds when the AGY is gone because he is not eating well. He has already started to gain the weight back after just a few weeks. We also use avigain in his food to help gain weight. During the first week or so of meds I gave him some slippery elm to calm his crop down and help with regurgitation. All this I learned on this site!!!

Each one, Teach one.

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Thank you for mentioning the Avi-Gain, Sarah! I have been racking my brain trying to think of how I can help Piper get her weight back up (4g doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a loss of almost 12% of her starting body weight)..

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Thank you for mentioning the Avi-Gain, Sarah! I have been racking my brain trying to think of how I can help Piper get her weight back up (4g doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a loss of almost 12% of her starting body weight)..
I sent you some Formula One to try today, Lindsay. Not sure it will do the same thing as AviGain...

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Oh, wow! Thank you, Kathie. :hug8:It says to mix that with handfeeding formula, but maybe I can mix it up and add it to their soft food instead? (My budgies weren't handfed, so I can't see them accepting formula from me.)

They did eat a good portion of their birdie bread this morning that I made with Harrison's High Potency. :highfive:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I have used the formula one also! It is just REALLY sweet. The formula one has to be mixed with some water the avigain does not. Avigain can be sprinkled on there food. I have both bottles, if you compare the two, avigain has a much higher fat content but each would work well. Formula one is just soooo sweet, Korbel does not like it. Avigain has really no taste. Both would work if your guys like sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.