• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Special Ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Update time!
Their relationship is blossoming. Now both girls are regurgitating to each other, both are accepting the food offered. Their relationship with me is changing too. I've always been able to approach them, but now I have a convenient perch for them right next to my head when I sit down to read or watch TV, and both girls come to that perch several times during the day so we can chatter together. Both girls are now fully relaxed and at home.
DSC_0001_BURST20191221154734314~2.JPG
DSC_0010~2.JPG

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What gorgeous photos of your sweet little birds! :heart: I hope you and your flock have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and healthy new year!:greet4:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Surely this can't be comfortable? Try telling Holly that:
DSC_0110~3.JPG
Having discussed it with the vet the reason Holly's cere is brown is because of the pressure she puts on her belly. Hopefully we'll be able to reduce that, already she is perching better on the vet wrapped perches. I took a Stanley knife (box cutter) to the dowel perches before wrapping to thin them some and give an irregular shape and they both seem to like them.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
DSC_0000_BURST20200108092106082~2.JPG
Decisions have been made. I'l be adopting Angel in a couple of weeks but Holly will remain a foster. Both myself and the vet are fully aware that there will be health problems due to the legs and the pressure she's putting on her abdomen. So Holly will remain in my home, but under the care of the vet, something I think we're all happy with.
Look at them nails, or should I call them talons? They'll be trimmed soon, and every 2 months after that.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I'l be adopting Angel in a couple of weeks but Holly will remain a foster
So Holly will remain in my home, but under the care of the vet,
What is the difference? I know you are good with getting your birds to a vet when needed, so why not adopt Holly? I think I missed something.
I´m, glad you´re getting the papers sorted for Angel, the pair lopoks so happy in your pictures :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
They look so contented and happy!
What is the difference?
...I'd imagine that the rescue has certain rules that they enforce...the most important thing is that those two will always be together...never separated for any reason...:heart:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
What is the difference?
I'd imagine that the rescue has certain rules that they enforce
Because abdominal problems can get quite complex and expensive Holly will be a foster so that her bills will be covered by the vet and will not affect my pocket. She may rise on her feet properly tomorrow and have no further problems, or she could stay as she is or get worse and cause other problems. Her breathing is already restricted by the pressure on her belly and that will cause potentially expensive problems later on. Her life expectancy is already down to 8 years.

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hello, first of all can never get enough of those two !! They are so pretty!!

i do not know anything of how a foster or rescue set up works...so
if I got this right,

you will be adopting angel so will forever be yours, holly remains a foster so technically not yours BUT will be remaining in your home forever more as well? They will not be separated? So the vet covers her medical needs but she gets a loving home in return?
I really hope I understand this right as the thought of them being separated breaks my heart.
if she is staying yours forever more, thank you and congrats!!!

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Hello, first of all can never get enough of those two !! They are so pretty!!

i do not know anything of how a foster or rescue set up works...so
if I got this right,

you will be adopting angel so will forever be yours, holly remains a foster so technically not yours BUT will be remaining in your home forever more as well? They will not be separated? So the vet covers her medical needs but she gets a loving home in return?
I really hope I understand this right as the thought of them being separated breaks my heart.
if she is staying yours forever more, thank you and congrats!!!
You got it right. There are no plans to split them, ever! And Holly gets free healthcare for life.

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
The best of both worlds for everyone concerned! I am so happy for you, I had to re read the original post a couple of times to make sure I understood it right, but still wasn’t sure.

in my 40 years of having birds and no vets around, thankfully have never had any health issues and they all passed from old age, except for one who was a baby still, and have never been involved with a rescue/foster. Setup. We have a parrot rescue here in town but he always has reasons why you cannot adopt or foster one of them.
again I am so happy for all of you!! :bliss::heart:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
When a bird is in foster care most if not all rescues will pay for medical expenses and usually rely on the same vet for medical care. Ladies are so sweet and happy looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.