• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Special Ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Love the third photo. Such lovely birds paired for life. How fortunate you are Linden to have them with you.
I LOVE this pic! :cloud9:
I think that's my favourite of the pair together too. I love how Angel is so alert all the time. It's lovely being able to get close for photos too, much nicer than zooming in on them.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They're are gorgeous Linden! You have been blessed w/ the grace of their wings & hearts. Happy holidays this December, I can't wait to see their holiday gifts! ;) By spring on your fantastic diet & the new colors in their feathers will be springing out & we'll hopefully get to watch them transform as we have w/ Roger.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
And things just get better.
They have discovered the pellets and they are eating. They've eaten nothing but the hagen seed blend since they arrived here despite being offered chop, fresh veggies, fresh fruit and pellets. But this morning they discovered the pellets, the funny thing is Holly has be using the dishes to help rest her legs.
On the left, crushed Top's. On the right, a mix of Zupreem Fruitblend and Tropican. DSCPDC_0003_BURST20191206091205379_COVER~2.JPG

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
These girls are just perfect... for Roger, for you, for us! No matter what you call them, they are beautiful, and strong creatures. Oh gosh, let me stop, I'll be singing Helen Reddy 'I am Woman' here shortly!

Does anyone have ideas on activities she'll be interested in that'll make her stretch her legs? Whilst she was calm in my hand she was grateful to go back to her friend and may have been stressed being handled by a stranger.
Zero interest in millet or fruit at this time.
After she gets to love millet you can hang some just out of her reach unless she tiptoes... (I didn't do this purposely, but Fiona has to tiptoe in the travel cage for hanging millet occasionally), and I guess it's good exercise.

Roger hasn't left his cage, hasn't barbered a single feather. Other than eating all he's done is watch the birdies. Angel's tail feathers came through the bars near him and all he did was preen them. It's kinda interesting to see.
Bless his heart - he has his own floor show now! I hope this trend continues, and he is perpetually entertained.

Wow, on that sweet girl being dumped at the vet. I wonder if it may have been some breeder that knew the bird was disabled, or what? Whatever it was, I'm sure glad you rescued her. Lucky bird. :heart:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
After she gets to love millet you can hang some just out of her reach unless she tiptoes... (I didn't do this purposely, but Fiona has to tiptoe in the travel cage for hanging millet occasionally), and I guess it's good exercise.
Great idea. I just have to get her interested in the millet. They just don't see it as food yet. I'm dropping a few berries in their seeds and I find them later that day in the poop tray.
Interesting thing, Holly does seem to be getting stronger. I say 'seem' because it could just be down to gaining confidence in the way she's moving around. When she flies to a perch she's straight there and landed rather than doing the helicopter hover. And she's definitely perching higher on her legs.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Interesting thing, Holly does seem to be getting stronger. I say 'seem' because it could just be down to gaining confidence in the way she's moving around. When she flies to a perch she's straight there and landed rather than doing the helicopter hover. And she's definitely perching higher on her legs.
Holly is getting stronger...and getting more confidence in what she's doing....they're two things that go together so very well... :)

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Roger has moved on now to a new forever home. He was the reason I took these two girls on in the first place, and I'd already made the decision I wouldn't have more budgies. So I've had to do some very careful thinking...............

I've decided they're staying :nana::embarassed:

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It's hard to see Roger go but you've done what's best for him and that's very commendable! At every part of this journey you always did what was best for him and you were a saving presence in his life so thank you for that. :) He will be sooo happy now and I hope you get to visit him!

Regarding your two new sweethearts: :happydance::birdance::dance4::dance1::dance2::DancingChilli: :cngrt5:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
11 days they've been here with me now and we already have a routine established. They know that after refreshing their water and pellets in the morning I will be opening their cage so they can stretch their wings. And they now know that when it goes dark outside and I close the blind it's time to go home.
They have both discovered the treat that is millet now so it won't be too long before we geg some proper work done. Progress has been slow but we're at the perching on and eating seed from a dish in my hand stage. Marvelous progress.
I'm really impressed with how Holly just gets on with everyday life. Her problem is not a disability to her.
tmp_16279.jpg

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'm really impressed with how Holly just gets on with everyday life. Her problem is not a disability to her.
An astute observation on your part. :)

Holly sees herself as normal...because to her she IS normal...the rest of the world might see something "abnormal"...Holly sees the situation as it really is...;) :yes3:

Status
Not open for further replies.