• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Special Ladies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I'm having some behavioural roblems with Roger the Rosella (barbering). He's been doing this since Tau the Tiel left us and he has been alone. Sadly he still doesn't see me as a friend.
We tried introducing tiels and he rejected them so he's had a few days away to find his new friends. And here they are:
DSC_0089.JPG p

At the top we have Marcy. She's special in her own right. As a chick she was just dumped on the vet's reception counter and abandoned. On examination the vet found this little girl, splayed legs and dislocated left wing. After splinting her legs and fixing the wing she was placed with a 6 year old chick and reared to where we are today. Both birds are a package because of the issues Marcy still has.
She's a Dominant Pied Cobalt Greywing. You can see in the photo she still has trouble perching. She 'hangs' off the back of perches resting her belly to keep balanced. This will improve, but not much. Her grip is weak so following the vet's advice the roost perch is back to being a dowel.
At the bottom we have Marcy, a constant companion and 'nurse' since the two met. She's not soft on Darcy though, she still has to find her own food and water, but she's never taken her attention away from Darcy. They play happily but if I approach the cage too fast she'll find Darcy and get between us. Marcy is a Sky Blue Spangle SF Yellowface II. To me she is a patchwork of yellow, green, white, blue and grey.
That's all for now. There WILL be more to come.

Last edited:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Marcy is very much a baby yet. They both look like sweet girls and are a pretty blue to go with Roger, maybe that's why they fit in!
Congratulations on new friends.

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
What beautiful little ladies. Yes that is interesting about the barring saying under 5 months and her cere looking tannish? It's hard to see in the photo. Hopefully those little legs get a bit stronger.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I think they are both just beautiful! How did I miss Tau leaving?

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
possibly she didn't have good enough body condition to molt and lose the barred forehead?
(just guessing)
That makes perfect sense. I'll make a point of asking the vet next time we speak. I never saw her before they were dropped off but I was already aware of her leg problems. She was abandoned in June, kinda makes her 20+ weeks at a guess.
Yet Darcy is older and still has blue showing in her cere.
I think I should stop thinking about this and just ask the vet Monday. It's not important, we know there's nothing medically wrong with her apart from the weak legs.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I think they are both perfect for you and Roger. Platform perches - would your vet recommend them or does she need to grip a perch?

Status
Not open for further replies.