• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two Birds of a Feather

Blue-Wing

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jacob
You probably don't need the vitamin drops, they may make the water taste funny and they might be hesitant to drink it. Vitamins can also make bacteria grow faster. If they are on a healthy diet, with pellets, a good seed mix, and fresh veggies, they shouldn't need vitamins.

I don't have pellets yet, but plan on getting them and mixing them with their food asap, as soon as I get paid and can afford to spend the money on it. I am trying to give them fruit, but for the most part they seem uninterested (does fruit supplement like vegetables?)... and I have only seen it once, but I think they are drinking from the lower bowl.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Glad they are drinking the water. Veggies are probably better than fruit. You can try leafy greens like kale, cilantro, and dark leafed lettuce. Other things to try are broccoli, peas, peppers, green beans and carrots. You can try cutting them up super small. It might take you many tries and a lot of waste before they decide to eat any. You can also sprinkle some seed over the veggies to entice them, and offering it first thing in the morning before they get their regular food might be helpful.