• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun conure weird behaviour

Kiwimarisol88

Checking out the neighborhood
Hey everyone, im new this is my first tine posting. I'm hoping to get a little insight on something my conure does that has me baffled. I have a 5 year old female sun, she is a well behaved very animated girl. Lately she has been doing something strange and new. When I am eating she will sit right under my chin and sort of hover around my mouth sometimes with her beak right against my lips. At first I thought this was just because she wanted me to share, but when I offer her what i'm eating she refuses it. She will usually click her beak as well she seems annoyed that i'm eating. She doesn't bite or show aggression but she will not take no for an answer ( she will come right back when I shoo her away its like an obsessive behavior ) does anyone else experience this?

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
she seems annoyed that i'm eating.

Welcome to AA my friend. What makes you think your bird is annoyed you are eating? Why don't you try to put a small plate of food for her on the table where you are eating? Human mouth is not a place birds should be pecking.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Clicking can also be a sign of good excitement. It's a double edged sword as it can also be a sign of agitation . She's enjoying what she's doing. If it was agitation she'd be trying to rip your lip off.
As @Lady Jane said, you want to keep her away from your mouth. It'll be difficult as she enjoys it so much, but it's best for her health.