• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun conure finger problem

beingmahdi

Moving in
Real Name
Mahdi Hasan
Hi
I have noticed that my 2.5-month old Sun Conure bird has curved fingers. and it cannot properly grip the perches or my finger. Is there a likelihood of those fingers being repaired? I would like to seek advice from experts regarding this matter.

Thanks in advance BB74A5AE-7576-413F-987F-BF9B964D2D0E.jpeg 495DC92E-0863-42CD-B1DC-BFFC07487588.jpeg 52D61110-8A74-432E-A6EB-CEDA6773DF31.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I imagine this is either a genetic or developmental issue. It reminds me of splay legs, but only affecting the feet. I would seek out a vet to see what they say! Usually splay-leg type conditions can be corrected if it is caught and treated early on (like first couple weeks of life), so I'm not sure what the likelihood of correcting now would be (if it is indeed related at all).

beingmahdi

Moving in
Real Name
Mahdi Hasan
I imagine this is either a genetic or developmental issue. It reminds me of splay legs, but only affecting the feet. I would seek out a vet to see what they say! Usually splay-leg type conditions can be corrected if it is caught and treated early on (like first couple weeks of life), so I'm not sure what the likelihood of correcting now would be (if it is indeed related at all).
I think It’s not genetic. because I saw their parents they are pretty normal. I'm really upset.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I think It’s not genetic. because I saw their parents they are pretty normal. I'm really upset.
Well, not everything genetic is visual in the birds. Birth defects happen