• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Safe humidifier for bird?

KatieKess

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Katie
Hi everyone! With this cold winter air, we’ve been struggling keeping the humidity up in our house. I have a small cool mist humidifier, but it’s hard to clean and not really raising the humidity much. I’ve seen a lot of parrot owners talking about this vicks steam vaporizer, and I happen to already own one but haven’t used it because I wasn’t sure if the heating element is Teflon / PTFE free. I’ve seen a lot of parrot owners saying they use this, so I was wondering if anyone knows for certain if this is safe? I will only use water, not the vicks rub inside of course.
Thanks!

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I would verify with the company to be sure

" If you still have questions about the Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer, please reach out to our Consumer Relations team by calling 800-477-0457 or emailing ConsumerRelations@kaz.com. We are here to help! "

KatieKess

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Katie
Hi everyone! With this cold winter air, we’ve been struggling keeping the humidity up in our house. I have a small cool mist humidifier, but it’s hard to clean and not really raising the humidity much. I’ve seen a lot of parrot owners talking about this vicks steam vaporizer, and I happen to already own one but haven’t used it because I wasn’t sure if the heating element is Teflon / PTFE free. I’ve seen a lot of parrot owners saying they use this, so I was wondering if anyone knows for certain if this is safe? I will only use water, not the vicks rub inside of course.
Thanks!

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Other recent/Older threads about this.

Always best to be sure if materials have changed, especially during a pandemic when businesses are having to make changes to continue offering their products.