• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please share your experience

Gokha

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Gaukharay
There are many pin feathers on his head and most of the baldness is not there anymore. I tried taking picture of his body parts where he seems to have less feathers. I didn’t notice any pin feathers there, but I assume it’s just a matter of time? Could the bird be molting at 4 months? 3AD81120-D15F-4CEB-9CD9-8616B2350F3F.jpeg 3E9F2C7D-054C-432B-B7CB-A50737F3690C.jpeg

Gokha

Real Name
Gaukharay
@finchly any comments on his feathers? :D this white fluff also falls quite a bit

Gokha

Real Name
Gaukharay
@Gokha yes mine drop the white down feathers. I'm not sure how many it seems like a million. :D

Doesn't this bird's head look a lot like yours? ParrotFeather.com | Molting Female Indian Ringneck.
It does. But the main difference is that mine is only 4 max 4.5 months old :unsure1: can it still be a molt? I know that IRN‘s first mold is usually at 6-7 months, but as people develop differently, birds can too? :D

Gokha

Real Name
Gaukharay
I would be more concerned, if his behavior was different or he lost his appetite, but it’s the same, he’s as active as ever

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
It does. But the main difference is that mine is only 4 max 4.5 months old :unsure1: can it still be a molt? I know that IRN‘s first mold is usually at 6-7 months, but as people develop differently, birds can too? :D
Sure they can! I do think it's odd that yours is molting so early but -- since your medical tests came back clear maybe you shouldn't worry.

Give him a bath to help soften the sheaths on the pin feathers, that will make him more comfortable.

Gokha

Real Name
Gaukharay
Sure they can! I do think it's odd that yours is molting so early but -- since your medical tests came back clear maybe you shouldn't worry.

Give him a bath to help soften the sheaths on the pin feathers, that will make him more comfortable.
Will do, thanks!