• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent please help my budgie is bleeding from its bum and i сant do anything right now

mil

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
milica
i just came home (its 11pm here) and i noticed my budgies bum is bleeding.
i never have noticed it until now. the blood is bright red, i have had him for 5/6 years now
, hes housed alone and he never had problems up until now (except once, when he had problems with eating 2020 because we had to change his food but he has been completely fine since then). usually when hes sick like this he comes to me and lets me pet him by himself, he never comes up to me like that only when hes sick.
2 days ago i saw the feathers around his bum were crooked but i just thought they were old and about to fall out/moulting.
and i dont know if he had this then, but i think he didn’t because hes now silent and sleepy and not hyper, and was just fine 2 days ago, plus i dont see any old blood.
i dont know what to do, only tomorrow i сan bring him to a vet, but until them i have no clue what should i do and i can’t stop crying. please give some advice, if you xan, and be brutally honest about his state. will he survive till tomorrow?
ps. sorry for expliсit photos, imjust trying to help.

Attachments

mil

Real Name
milica
also when he poops, he looks fine, it looks like this infection is above his poop canal, i dont know the english terms of these, and i dont know if this is relevant.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh my, poor bub! I honestly have no idea what exactly that is. I am hoping it is the next morning now for you and you've been able to contact a vet!

mil

Real Name
milica
Oh my, poor bub! I honestly have no idea what exactly that is. I am hoping it is the next morning now for you and you've been able to contact a vet!
i went to 4 different vets and only one got the thing out, they said its an egg but hes a certified 100% male. he bled a lot, i am currently giving him medication (its like a spray) which i spray that part with. ill go visit a vet tomorrow too. hes definitely better but hes way more silent than ever, he does chirp here and there tho. my poor baby.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Just curious how he was determined to be 100% male? There are conditions, though rare, that an animal can look one gender, even have a DNA test, and still have the reproductive organs of the other gender (or both genders).