• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot Rescue visit tomorrow!

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Those birds are so cute! Congrats!!! Thank you for helping a bird rescue!!!!!!!!!! Your new birds are going to be so happy once they settle in! Their worlds are going to be changed!!!! :heart::cheer::swoon::loveshower:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:birdance: :bounce6::bounce4::bounce1::bliss:

Sorry to spoil the party but maybe you should consider more quarantine. Is there a way to at least separate Opie & Kuiper on far walls if not in different rooms. You really can never be too careful.

Be careful with Opie on the chance the green budgie could pass something to him. After all this time & work to get Opie it would be sad if the green budgie got anyone else sick. You know little about him & if they only tested for one disease I'd say some more quarantine for him would be imho the safest thing to do.

Does Kuiper still have black baby eyes? Then he would most likely be young.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you all so much! Tonight was definitely the start of a while new world for me and my sweet budgie boys!!

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
congratulations you got to take him home!!! He is so handsome!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congratulations! I am glad they are home with you!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:birdance: :bounce6::bounce4::bounce1::bliss:

Sorry to spoil the party but maybe you should consider more quarantine. Is there a way to at least separate Opie & Kuiper on far walls if not in different rooms. You really can never be too careful.

Be careful with Opie on the chance the green budgie could pass something to him. After all this time & work to get Opie it would be sad if the green budgie got anyone else sick. You know little about him & if they only tested for one disease I'd say some more quarantine for him would be imho the safest thing to do.

Does Kuiper still have black baby eyes? Then he would most likely be young.
Since they were at the same rescue together, couldn't they be quarantined together?

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Since they were at the same rescue together, couldn't they be quarantined together?
I don't think in the rescue they would have been closely exposed to each other. Opie was there a long time so is likely well but Kuiper was new to the rescue with min quarantine of 1 mo. I'd just feel really bad if Opie got exposed to Kuiper & there was some latent illness in Kuiper.

Sorry but I am worried. I just feel better safe than sorry.
Not up to me but I was putting it out as something to consider.

Maybe I am worrying for nothing. The rescue would have not put Kuiper in with all there birds if they thought there was a chance that birds in the rescue could get sick.

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Congratulations on your two new cuties!!:cheer:I’m so glad you got them both, and they are so lucky to now be home!:heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations to all 3 of you.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you, everyone! I'm so grateful for all your advice and encouragement. It's almost 5 a.m. here, and all is quiet. :)

@camelotshadow At the rescue, there are birds from a variety of backgrounds coming in after a foster quarantine all the time. Nearly every weekend I visited, there were new birds. Opie was kept in a room with (this is an estimate) 20 budgies, a pair of cockatiels (sweet Maggie and Sam), several Quakers, a wide variety of conures, and the occasional senegal. There are currently a dozen birds (more or less) in foster homes that will be coming in to rescue soon.

So, I am not particularly worried about them sharing a room in that regard. What concerns me is the Kuiper may feel he is the only budgie left in the world who has now been placed in a room with, to him, a giant, noisy red rooster, lol!

I'm pretty sure that once I get everyone up, I will move Kuiper to the dining room. He will be away from Opie, and be able to hear and see Jelly and Juju from afar at least.

This morning, I will scan in the vet records I was provided and make an appointment for my two sweet new boys!

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
super late to the thread but post pics of poi’s cage setup and the budgies cages and the pictures of them!!!! I love pictures!!!!

Keetie!

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Joanne
I just can't say congratulations enough! You rescued two feather babies! You are a gift from God to provide as you do for your two new men! I love both of the new flock additions. They just won the Birdie Lottery! GREAT JOB...so beautiful! What a life they are going to have!:happydance:

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
B2D80249-5610-4F3B-898A-309FD00A404C.jpeg
I was having lunch in with Opie, and he seemed to think he might like a bit of peanut butter sandwich! :) I declined, lol!

Both of the cages for the newbies are a bit spare because I didn’t want them to injure themselves at night in unfamiliar surroundings. As the days go on, I’ll start loading in the toys :)

My scraggly little man!
2C811808-660D-4005-A596-5329FBE9435B.jpeg