• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot Rescue visit tomorrow!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so nervous, for some reason! I guess excited to meet some birds, too :) I hope to add a third (or so) member to my flock of two budgies in the not-too-distant future.

I will get to meet a 40 yo male B&G macaw, a bonded pair of cockatiels (M and F, 11 yo), a couple of conures (don't know what type or ages as they are not on the website yet), maybe an CAG, and a 33 yo Senegal (!).

I'm a big believer that the bird will pick me. If you've been following along, you can see how the thoughts have been playing out about the macaw and the cockatiels. The only one I may have to say a hard no to is the Sennie. Even the G, B, and U of Senegals thread here says that they can be quite aggressive, and I just can't have a bird come in and torture my budgie boys.

I'm not in a huge hurry to bring a bird home now--this moment! So, even if none of these birds turns out to be the one for me or me for any of them, I'm not going to be too disappointed.

Any last minute words of wisdom and advice? Juju, Jelly, and I thank you!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay! Tell us how it goes!
I will, I promise!

All I wanted to say is make sure your prepared for its arrival home!!:)
Absolutely! That's another reason I'm not in a huge hurry. I need to know what bird picks me so I know what to get. I may not have a new bird before the year is out :shrug:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That's great. I love meeting new birds. With your budgies, other than more budgies, tiels may be your safest bet..... :)

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope you find a connection!

I just can't have a bird come in and torture my budgie boys.
Just wanted to mention that none of the birds you mention would be able to have contact with Juju or Jelly because they are too big and could easily pose a danger just given their size.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, and I do want to be clear. I'm not planning on leaving any bird alone with the budgies unattended. No bird would be allowed into the budgies' cage, and they would not be allowed inside any other bird's cage. If I thought they seemed friendly with one another, I may allow them rigorously supervised out-of-cage time in the same room but with different play stands/areas. Again, this would only be if they showed absolutely no signs of over-stimulated interest in one another over a period of a few (like 6) months once quarantine had ended. And only for cockatiels or quakers or conures....everything else, not a chance.

And yes, of course, I'm going to quarantine any bird(s) I bring home for a minimum of 8 but probably 12 weeks--depending on the outcome of one or more vet visits. I have a guest bedroom in which the new arrival(s) would be kept with biosecurity measures (bird room only shoes, lots of cleaning and hand washing, etc.).

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Only advice I have is don’t expect anything other than to have a great time meeting some birds.
I have my fingers crossed someone picks you and you feel a good connection there.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I can’t wait to hear how it all goes!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Good luck and have fun.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh boy, do I have a lot to talk about!!!!! But I finally got the boys to settle, and I’m heading to the grocery store. I’m gonna need a few impartial ideas on this!!

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
How did it go? I have always wanted to visit a bird rescue!